Infiltration

Location Classified

1100 hours

As soon as we got off the plane, Cyrus got a map of the area and started feeding us infiltration techniques. We were staying at a hotel nearby, and the energy source originated from a place about 2 or 3 miles away from the hotel. We got ready to do some reconnaissance around the area. 

SPYDER didn't know we were coming for them, so we had the element of surprise on our side. The place where the energy source was located was in room 512 of a hotel nearby. We drove there, and observed the hotel carefully.

"I've counted 35 security cameras so far." said Zoe.

"How'd you count so fast?" I asked.

Zoe said, "That's what we've been training for, haven't we?" though she seemed happy that I was impressed by her counting skills.

"Stop jabbering back there, and actually do something!" shouted Cyrus. "So far, I've counted 120 security cameras around the perimeter of the building, and several traps around the 5th floor area."

"How do you know?" Mike asked. "We've never even been in there?"

"Their window is open." Cyrus said, like it was no big deal.

"But if we're dealing with an evil organization as devious as SPYDER, why would they leave their window open?" Mike asked.

"Bad things don't always happen, even though that's the case most of the time. The SPYDER operatives probably forgot to close the window. Anyone got a grappling hook?" Cyrus asked.

"I do." I said. "Erica left me one last night. Before the disappearance, obviously."

Cyrus looked a bit skeptical, but he accepted the grappling hook.

"Ok, I've got a plan, kids. We throw the grappling hook onto the roof of the building. We hook the other end around the fire hydrant I saw at the back of the building. We then climb up the old-fashioned way, unless any of you objects."

"I object." said.

Cyrus glared at me.

"I mean, what if we fall, or someone attacks us. We're in a vulnerable position while climbing up that rope."

"Well," said Cyrus. "Agent Ripley, use that brain of yours and tell me why this is the easiest way in."

I looked around at the 20 security cameras I could find. 20 cameras were enough to cover most of the building premises, but as I imagined where the cameras pointed at, I quickly deduced that the only fault in the building was a line exactly from the fire hydrant to the roof.

"It does seem too easy." I concluded. "SPYDER wouldn't just leave a hole like that in their security."

"But what if SPYDER is so smart they know that we're smart that they purposely left a hole to make us think it's a trap but its just low funding." Mike added, grinning.

"Stop, your making my head hurt." Zoe and I said at the same time.

"It's the only way, so deal with it." said Cyrus.

He threw the grappling hook, and it hit the roof tiles. He then hooked the other end around the fire hydrant.

As soon as the hook hit the hydrant, something heavy dropped on top of me. The last thing I saw, was Joshua Hallal's smiling face.