Retrieval

APEX Agent Zqartx scaled the wall of the SPYDER compound, sticking to the shadows, silently listing everything that annoyed him.  

First of all, his commander had called him "Zarky." For the last time, his name was Zqartx. Zuh - Kwar - tyx. How hard could that be to pronounce! But his commander insisted on calling him Zarky, and it ticked him off. A lot. And when Zqartx was ticked off, he tended to kill people.

Second of all, he was doing this easy mission. How hard was it to break into a SPYDER compound and swipe a phone. After all, their sub branch Croatoan had managed to sneak into SPYDER compounds dozens of times.

Lastly, his fighting ability had decreased to a Level 46. He was a Level 50! But noooo- The fighting instructor said he was a Level 46. Zqartx was just itching to kill someone today.

He scaled the wall like a cat,
Backflipped over the pressure activated landmines,
Easily picked the "super-secure" locks,
Placed a blocker to block any extra signals his devices might send
Disabled the 231 security cameras on the way,
Entered the room provided by the blueprints,
Spotted the object sitting on the desk.
Opened his scanner
Disabled the various pathetic security measures put out by SPYDER
And reached for the object.

A hand grabbed him right before he snatched the object.

"What do you think you're doing, " said a cold voice behind him.

He turned around to see a teenage girl standing behind him.

"Hand over the object." she said.

Zqartx kept calm. He kept his emotions in check, and said slowly, "I think you should be the one backing off.. whatever your name is. You don't know what your dealing with."

"I know perfectly well what I'm dealing with." said the girl.

"Well then" said Zqartx, as he launched himself into a fighting position. 

The fight lasted about five minutes, and Zqartx ended up on the ground, ignoring the fact that various body parts were going to be bruised up. The girl didn't make it unscathed, either. Zqartx watched as she tried to stand up.

"How." he muttered. "How was I beaten. I have level 50 fighting skills."

The girl heard him, and said, "Well, I'd say your fighting skills are about a 46-"

Zqartx cursed.

"- because my fighting skills are level 50."

"Anyways, I'll be taking that. Thank you very much." she said as she swiped the object out of Zqartx's hand.

She then walked out of the room, leaving Zqartx to be found by SPYDER.

Zqartx didn't give up that easily. He stood up, and put some of the "healing gel" on some of his wounds.

He checked his pocket. The device was still there. His APEX scanner, however, was gone.

Zqartx almost managed a smile as he made his way back to headquarters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say in the comments if you want Zqartx to be one of the major evil characters in my book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------