Placement

We agreed to place the camera and watch from a safe distance. The SPYDER operatives were unknown, and we didn't want them to notice that we were there.

We went over the plan: Get in, place the camera somewhere unnoticeable, and get out.

We were just about to go in when a girl ran up to us and ask, "Do you know where the reflecting pool is? I wanna go visit it."

We all looked at each other. Normal people didn't just come up like that. I decided I should just help her and pointed in the general direction.

The girl nodded thanks, and walked a few steps before turning around and looking quizzically at us. "Isn't the Washington Monument closed? Why are you people visiting it at this time of day?"

I mentally noted my horrible luck.

Mike spoke up, "Um.. we... we just wanted to look at it, that's all."

"Hmm.. ok." said the girl, and then she said, "Hey what's this!" as she grabbed the camera out of my hands.

"Hey! Give that back!" I said as I snatched it back. "Mind your own business."

"Fine." the girl said sullenly as she made her way towards the Reflecting Pool.

That entire encounter had sent alarm bells ringing in my head. No one just showed up like that, but I ignored that fact; probably just an oversight.

As we walked into the Washington Monument, we placed the camera on, and headed out. I was easier than I had expected. Now all we had to do was sit back and watch the footage and sound roll in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heather made her way back to Zqartx, smiling.

"Yep, I put a bug on their bug. Now everything they see will be transmitted to us. They don't know who I am, so that was easier than expected."

She took out the transmitter screen, and they both watched it intently. It showed the Washington Monument's inside. No sign of SPYDER.

Now all they had to do was wait.

At 7:56 PM, a flash of movement caught their eye. Joshua had walked into the Monument, followed by several SPYDER agents.

The meeting had begun.