Takeoff

Academy of Espionage

2230 hours

I didn't know what to do at first. I just stood there, staring at the mess on the floor. I decided to tell Cyrus about what had happened. I managed to find the old man, strategically preparing for the mission in the principal's office. I entered the code "12345678", and went in.

"Hey Cyrus, I-"

"Not now, kid. I'm preparing for a mission here." he said, not even looking up.

"What I was going t-"

"Do you not understand english?!" he asked menacingly.

"Hey, this situat-"

"Agent Ripley, I'm going to warn you one last-" he continued.

This time, I cut him off. I took a deep breath and said, "Erica's gone"

"WHAT!?" he shouted.

"I went into her room because she was gonna tell me something. But when I went in, she wasn't there."

"Are you sure she's not just using the bathroom or something."

"Well, there were papers lying all over the place, and she said she was going to meet me."

"Ok, I'll go check up on her room. You go back to your room and finish packing. I don't want you causing any more trouble, you understand."

"But it's not my-" I shut my mouth for the sake of my health.

I went back to my room, unhappily. I was still thinking about the papers, and what they meant. I saw the words SPYDER, trap, fencing, device, storms, bomb, and a few other important words. I was pretty sure Erica knew what those documents meant, or she was planning to, anyways.

I decided to go to sleep to calm my nerves.

I woke up at 0545 hours, and I had slept through my alarm clock I set for 0530. I woke up, showered, ate some frozen waffles, brushed my teeth, grabbed my stuff, and ran across campus in a mere 14 minutes and 12 seconds.

Cyrus looked at me as if I was an hour late. Mike and Zoe were already there, but I didn't see Erica. She's still gone, i guess. Cyrus started to give us some review info

"Ok, as you all know, SPYDER has used this new source of power to cause some natural disasters, I wonder what other nefarious plots their hatching so listen up."

"How do you know it's SPYDER for sure?" Mike asked. "It could be another evil organization."

"Who else would do it then, mister smarty pants?"

Mike shut up. But I couldn't help wondering about the documents in Erica's room...

"So this mission is to defeat SPYDER and retrieve our missing agent."

"Wait, Erica's gone?" Zoe asked. She looked around as if this thought hadn't occurred to her.

"I thought she was in the plane getting ready for the mission" Mike added.

"Now you all know." Cyrus said matter-of-factly. "Now get moving!"

We all boarded the plane. It was a small private jet that had 4 leather seats that faced each other. There was a TV on the wall. Since Cyrus didn't want any trust issues, he didn't tell anyone where we were headed, and he decided to drive the plane himself.

The great thing was, nothing happened on the plane. The bad guys didn't launch a heat-seeking missile at us, and the pilot(Cyrus), didn't bail and jump off the plane. I hoped the rest of this mission would be this simple.

But I was in for a big surprise.