Triangular Destruction

Academy of Espionage, Ben's Dorm

1630 hours

"..and then" Erica continued. "I beat up that agent and took the device."

Zoe, Mike, and I all gasped.

"And you 'forgot' to mention that?" Zoe asked incredulously.

Erica didn't reply. Instead, she took out the device. It was small and rectangular, with several small knobs and a few buttons on it. It was quite modern looking, despite the fact that it had been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. But in the spy game, there were always new thing to be learned.

"I haven't had much time to investigate this, so I don't really know how this thing works-"

The device started to beep. We all sat still, waiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, lights started to blink on the device. My friends didn't notice anything particular in the flashing, but I did. It was morse code! I did a few translations in my head and came to the following conclusion.

The device was repeating the following message:

This scanner has not been detected near any agent for the last 3 hours. Self destructing in 60 seconds.

I quickly came to 3 conclusions:

(1) This object was not the device.

(2) We were going to die.

(3) Scanner? What scanner? There were more things in play here than we thought.

My brain quickly focused on the second conclusion. 

"This thing is going to explode in 1 minute!" I shouted, trying not to freak out too much.

Again, there were 3 options that come to my mind.

(1) Be calm and collective about this situation.

(2) Panicking on the inside but trying to be calm

(3) Run away screaming.

Erica chose (1)

Mike and Zoe chose (2)

My brain was screaming (3) but I did everything I could to keep it at (2).

Erica picked up the scanner and promptly walked out of my room. We all sat there, startled about the situation.

Erica walked back into out room precisely 43 seconds later. A small boom came down the hallway, not causing any serious damage, but still enough to startle everyone on our floor.

"What did you do," we asked all at once.

"I have a bomb-proof safe in my dorm. I took out everything and put the bomb inside." Erica said.

Now that we were all out of danger, we focused on the more serious problem. What was that, and where was the device?

There had to be a new organization out there, and that mysterious figure Erica fought was from that organization.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPYDER Headquarters

2 hours earlier.

Joshua Hallal made his way to his office. The CIA knew where they were now! Time for an evacuation. SPYDER's plans were going to work one way or another, and no one was going to stop them.

He searched his office for the device. It wasn't there! Instead of panicking, he noted that all the security measures have been cleverly defused, and the security cameras had all been shut down. There was only one person with that much skill and knowledge about SPYDER.

Erica Hale.

But no matter, he had attached an remote activated bomb to her. He was just about to activate the bomb when he noticed the tiny bomb sitting on the ground. It was almost impossible to notice.

But how! Even if she was aware of the bomb, which was almost impossible to detect, it would be almost impossible to remove. Someone would have to slam into the correct position at a certain angle to remove the bomb, and it was almost impossible to recreate the circumstances.

Then he noticed fingerprints on the ground.

It looked like there were 2 different sets of fingerprints, but he couldn't be sure.

Thirty minutes later, the results came in as the SPYDER agents packed up and evacuated through a secret underground escape route Joshua had designed. This route could only be used once, and it would seal itself once Joshua felt it was necessary. The route would also lead to their backup hideout.

He looked at the results.

One set of fingerprints were from Erica, that was for sure.

The other set however.. was unknown. Which was impossible. SPYDER agents' fingerprints were erased from the government databases, but their SPYDER database had all the fingerprints.. or so he thought.

There was a new organization out there, and Joshua knew they had something to do with the device.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APEX Headquarters

1530 hours 

Agent Zqartx presented the device to his boss, who shall remain nameless.

After he had explained the events of the day to him, he knew all was going according to plan. His scanner would hopefully self-destruct, and that they wouldn't notice the blinking lights on the scanner.

There was only one more nuisance.. well, maybe two. First, they still didn't know what SPYDER's plan was. This organization, even weakened, had been very sneaky. Secondly, SPYDER and those kids at the Academy of Espionage probably knew that they weren't the only ones fighting. 

And Zqartx was right, this was now a three-way game, and only one team could be victorious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope all of you enjoyed this. I decided it would be fun to put all three into one chapter, so this chapter is longer, about 840 words. Also, have any of you figured out what SPYDER is plotting?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------