Disappearance

Academy of Espionage

2000 hours

After dinner, I decided to tell my friends the news. I had decided to invite Zoe and Mike for the mission, since the plane was only a 4-seater. Erica had located the source of the mysterious power, and by the looks of it, we needed to fly.

I was just about to meet up with my friends, but Erica came out of nowhere and said

 "We need to talk about something related to the mission." 

"God, will you stop scaring me like that!"

She ignored me and kept on talking. "I got some technology and did some digging around. I managed to get some info but there's something really important. I found that-"

"Hi people" Zoe said as she walked up with Mike. "Watcha talking about"

Erica suddenly said "I'll talk to you later, Ben. Explain it to your friends"

I told them about the whole thing.

"Wow" they said. "Another mission! Can't wait for it! Do you think this has to do with SPYDER?"

"Can't be sure, I said. Joshua is alive, but that doesn't mean he started this whole mess. Let's talk about it on the plane.

Then, we all went back to our room to pack our things. I packed some clothes, just in case we needed to stay there for a while, I also took some other miscellaneous items. I also noticed that someone put a bag full of goodies(grenades, knives, grappling hooks) on my bed, so I took those too, even though I was horrible at using stuff like that. But you can never be too prepared.

It was 2100 hours. I was just about finished packing when Erica, who just seemed to materialize out of nowhere, said

"Ben there's something really crucial to the mission that I need to t-"

She suddenly stopped and looked around the hallways. I didn't see anything weird, but she said

"Meet me at my room at 2145. I'll tell you there."

I just shrugged and continued finishing packing.

I walked towards Erica's room at 2142, I knocked on the door, but got no reply. I knocked again, but there still was no reply. I waited for about 15 minutes, but she didn't open the door. This was strange, because Erica was always on time.

 I started to feel a little spooked, but I decided to do a little investigation. I disarmed the 6 alarms and 10 fatal traps. I entered the 64-digit code, which I had memorized from when I've seen Erica opent the door. The entire process took 30 minutes. I opened the door, and found her usual room, but there were papers all over the place, and a few of the kitten posters(yes, she has kitten posters) were slightly wrinkled.

Most importantly, Erica Hale was gone.