Realization

Academy of Espionage

0900 hours

The next few days were very strange. I went back to my normal classes, but I had this nagging feeling that something was off. Three things gave it away:

1. Erica was strangely unattentive. During the middle of lunch, she would run away, and come back 30 minutes later and act like nothing had happened

2. The fact that we had thwarted SPYDER's plans so easily was unsettling. They were always 2 steps ahead.

3. The pigeons kept on pooping all over campus.

I decided to check up on how things were going with Erica again. I went up to her room, and decided to skip the knocking (don't try this at home, kids).

I disarmed the traps, and entered the 64 digit code. On the 1st digit I pressed, I heard a strange sound, and then realized, "She changed the code!" as chloroform came out of a nozzle and sprayed all over my face.

I woke up at the same place, relieved that nothing happened to me. I walked back to my room, and thought about the strange things again. I noticed there was a small note taped to my shirt.

Hello Ben.

I realized you tried to break into my room again.
Do it again, and I will personally kill you.
It will be poison next time, not chloroform.
Do you understand, Ben?
By the way, I hacked into the school's computer.
Here are the answers for the Self-Preservation test today.
ADBCADBBCBADDADBCBDAAABCDABCDABCBBCABD
Now shred this note and flush it down the toilet.

-Erica

Now I knew something was wrong. True, Erica did give death threat occasionally, but this was not like her. I had already seen what was in her room, so she had nothing to hide.

Unless... she hiding something classified that was very important. But then why would she write that note if she wanted me to figure it out?

There were so many questions to be answered, and my head was spinning.

I decided I would try and find these answers, alone.