Message

Academy of Espionage

0100 hours

I tossed and turned in my not-so-soft bed. I still couldn't help thinking about the things that had happened today. My "research" had not gone really far. 

First of all, all the bugs my classmates had lended me weren't working. All the secret cameras worked fine until I placed them down. It looked like Erica didn't want to be investigated.

I froze when I heard footsteps outside my door. They were soft, like someone was trying to not be noticed. I peered out the peephole in my dorm door. A skinny-looking figure was dressed in a completely black stealth outfit, and darting around, sticking to the shadows, and disabling the security cameras.

I analysed the person's movement and realized he or she was heading towards my room. I grabbed the nearest object (my tennis racket), and held it, prepared to whack the person as hard as I could when he or she came into my room.

I heard the sound of my lock being picked. I tensed, ready to strike. The person didn't go in my room. Instead he or she threw a small object into my room, and promptly closed the door.

I picked up the object. It was a small device, about the size of an average eraser, with one button on it. I clicked the button.

Hello Ben...
This is a recorded message from your pals at SPYDER.
First of all we would like to congratulate you and your friends in successfully blowing up our headquarters.
However, it was our decoy headquarters, so no need to feel happy.
I don't have much else to say here, do I?
Oh, I suppose one more message won't hurt.
"Hello Ben" said a voice.
"SPYDER has been very active lately, so have fun thwarting our plans"

The message ended, and the device exploded. 

I had time for one last thought before I passed out.

The voice belonged to Erica Hale.

Sorry people, I've been busy lately, so I changed my stories from 700 words to around 300 words :( 
I hope you still enjoy though :)