Chapter 3

Flashback

Vivian, age 23, was walking along the docks, her cloak hood formed a dark shadow over her face, no one able to see her face. She had snuck out of her mothers' castle again and made her way into a tavern.

She had gotten word that a certain pirate was wanting to kill Rumpelstiltskin. Her eyes scanned the many men and pirates that surrounded the tavern. She walked over an empty table and sat down. If her mother knew that she was here she'd be in deep trouble.

A waitress walked up to Vivian and she ordered her drink, the waitress walked off when a man walked over to Vivian, "What's a lovely lady like you doing in a place like this and all alone?" The man asked.

"My business is none of your concern, sir," Vivian said.

"You have a posh mouth, makes me want to taste it," The man leaned down and grabbed Vivian's face, making her look at him, "Be a good wrench and do what I'll pay you for."

"I'm no wrench, now release me before you regret it," Vivian warned.

The man laughed, "You're nothing but a wrench, I'll have you beneath-" The man fell to the ground unconscious and Vivian looked shocked knowing she didn't do anything.

"I believe the lady said to release her," She heard and strong accent, she looked up to see a man decorated in leather, black hair, blue eyes, stumble and pure gorgeous. The man looked at her and sat beside her, "Are you alright milady?"

"Y-Yes thank you," Vivian said.

The leather-wearing man took out a handkerchief, "May I?" He asked and used his right hand to pull her hood down, he wiped away the dirt that the other stranger left on her face, "There you go miss, all beautiful again," He gave her a crooked smile.

"Thank you, sir," Vivian smiled a little and she looked around.

"Are you looking for someone?" He asked her.

"Yes," She turned back to him, "I'm looking for Captain Hook," She said.

"Are you and why would a delicate flower like yourself be looking for that pirate?" He asked with a smirk.

"I need to talk to him about something," Vivian said and a waitress placed two shot steins in front of Vivian and the man before walking off.

"Well," The man moved closer, his lips went to her ear, "I know the Captain very well, he's here, his ship is on the docks, but I know he's not on the ship right now," The man said.

"Well, do you know where he is right now?" Vivian asked as she felt her heart pounding in her chest.

"In this tavern," The man said as he leaned back.

"You're him aren't you?" Vivian asked and looked at his left hand he had been hiding.

"You're smart," Hook said as he showed her his namesake, his hook, "What do you need, love?" 

"I've heard word that you are after the Dark One," Vivian picked up her drink, looking at him, "May I know why?"

"Why do you need to know love?" Hook asked.

"My reasons are my own," Vivian told him.

"As are mine," Hook looked at her as he picked up his drink, "So if you want to know mine, you tell me yours."

"How about this Captain, you tell me your reason and I'll tell you why? Please?" Vivian said and smiled at him softly.

Hook looked at her and he drunk his usual drink of rum, "He took my first love before my eyes and he is the reason I have this hook, the Crocodile will die by my hands," Hook said.