Chapter 19

The group of heroes and villains were currently walking through the jungle. David was cutting down branches as the others followed behind him.

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead," Hook informed them.

"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked.

"From there we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son," Hook told her.

"You know, I could've just poofed us up here in an instant," Regina said.

"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I can guide us past them," Hook said.

"He's right, Hook's lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen," Emma said.

Vivian looked at Emma confused at her sudden defence for Hook. She looked at Regina, who also noticed the change in Emma's attitude.

"What the hell was that?" Vivian whispered.

"I don't know, don't overthink it," Regina said.

David was cutting branches when he was about the cut through a branch with thorns on, but Hook stopped him, "No, no!" Hook said.

"I can handle a couple of thorns," David said.

"That's Dreamshade, it's not the thorns you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with. This plant is the source of the toxins I used on the Dark One," Hook said.

"The poison that almost killed Rumpel?" Vivian asked.

"Indeed, I used a concentrated dose. In its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way," Hook said as he pointed to the left.

"We'll go this way," David said as he goes to the right.

Vivian looked at Hook and shrugged before followed after David with Regina and Mary Margaret. She walked beside her mother as Emma and Hook were behind them.

Regina sighed, "We'll find him, mom, I promise," Vivian said.

"I know, but I also can't shake what Gold said to you," Regina said.

"Don't worry about that, I'll worry about that, you worry about getting Henry home," Vivian said.

"I'm your mother as well, it's my job to worry about both of you," Regina countered.

"Up here! We made it," David yelled.

They wall walked up to the hill and saw a huge jungle, "Pan's lair should be just right..." Hook said.

"Where? All I see is jungle," Regina said.

"Aye, the Dark Jungle. It's, uh, grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland," Hook said as he sighed.

"So, this nature hike was for nothing," Regina said.

"Mom..." Vivian said.

"Hook may have led us astray, but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle," David said.

"Lovely," Vivian said.

"Not exactly. The Dark Jungle is the last place you wanna set foot. We'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're gonna need our strength. I suggest we make camp," Hook said.

"You wanna sleep while my son is out there suffering?" Regina said.

"If we want to live long enough to save the boy... Yes," Hook said.