Chapter 8

The next day, Vivian spent most of the day in her room, she didn't want to talk to anyone, she just wanted to be alone. Her mother had other ideas, they had been invited to the welcome home party for them.

Vivian finished getting ready and walked downstairs where her mother waited with her homemade lasagna. Regina looked at her, "Feeling better?" Regina asked her.

"I can't hide away all day," Vivian sighed, "Do I look okay,"

Regina nodded and smiled, "Beautiful, like always," Regina said

"Thank you, mom," Vivian said and they left their home.

They walked together, heading to the diner, "I think I should apologise... I did try to stop anyone coming over," Regina said.

"It's fine, you don't have to explain. You were doing it so Cora couldn't come over, you were protecting Henry. I would've done the same if our positions were opposite," Vivian said.

Regina smiled, "How did I get so lucky to have a daughter like you?" She asked.

"Does this mean I get to skip the party?" Vivian asked.

"No, we don't have to stay long," Regina said as they walked into the diner, "Sorry, we're late," Regina said.

Vivian followed her inside, "My fault," She said.

Leroy grabbed a knife, "What's she doing here?" Leroy asked angrily, looking at Regina.

"I invited her," Emma said.

Regina and Vivian went over to the bar and Regina served her daughter some lasagna as Henry joined them.

Vivian looked at the banner and saw her name added but smaller than the other words. She sighed and looked away as she ate her mothers' lasagna.

"I made lasagna," Regina said.

"What's the secret ingredient, poison?" Leroy asked.

"Red pepper flakes," Vivian said looking at Leroy.

"Gives it some kick," Regina said.

Henry walked over to Vivian and hugged her, "Hey, Henry, what's the hug for?" Vivian asked and hugged him back.

"Emma told me about Hook... I'm sorry," He said.

"Oh, thank you," Vivian sighed, "It's done, nothing can be done to change it now," She said.