Chapter 4

The women and Hook walked towards the beanstalk, Hook, whose wrists were tied together as no one but Vivian trusted him, walked beside Vivian in front of the others.

"It's a little freakier than I remember from the story," Emma said.

"It looks like death," Mulan stated.

"Encouraging," Mary Margaret said.

"Well, your compass awaits, shall we?" Hook said as they walked towards the giant beanstalk.

"Wait, if these... Beans create portals, why not just pick one and go home? Why the compass?" Emma asked.

"Because there aren't any more beans. Whatever story you think you know, my dear, is most certainly wrong," Hook said and Vivian rolled her eyes.

"There was a guy named Jack, a cow, an evil giant and a golden harp," Emma said.

"Sounds like a lovely tale, but the truth's a little more gruesome," Hook turned to her as they reached the beanstalk, "The giants grew beans, but rather than use them for the good they used them to plunder all the lands. Jack was a man who fought a terrible war, defeating all but one of the evil giants. The beans were destroyed by the giants as they died. If they couldn't have their magic, then nobody could. It's really very bad form," Hook said.

"Evil giants, who made magic portal beans? Why doesn't anyone just go up and grow some more?" Emma asked.

"Because one giant survived, the strongest and most terrible of them all and we'll have to get past him to..." Hook said.

"The magic compass," Mary Margaret finished for him.

"Indeed," Hook smirked, "The treasure remains and amongst it is the compass. Now, it will guide us to your land. Cora has the means to open a portal with the wardrobe ashes, but she can't find your land without the compass. Once we get it, steal the ashes from her and we're on our way," Hook said.

"How do we know you're not just using us to get the compass for Cora?" Mulan asked.

"Because you five are far safer company. All I need is a ride back, I'll swear allegiance to whomever side she's one," Hook pointed to Vivian.

"Cute," Emma looked at the two then the beanstalk, "Then, let's start climbing."

"Right, so," Hook chuckled slightly, "I failed to mention that the giant enchanted the beanstalk to repel intruders," Hook told them.

"Then how the hell are we supposed to get the compass?" Vivian asked him.

"Well, I've got a counterspell from Cora, if you'd be so kind," Hook motioned to his tied wrists, Mary Margaret walked over to him and untied him, while glaring. Hook leaned down, "Thank you, Milady," He winked and stood up straight and lifted his right arm to show them a black cuff the began to glow, "I've got one more of theses. Cora was to accompany me. So, which one of you five ladies shall take her place, hmm?" He looked between the women, "Go on, fight it out. Don't be afraid to, you know to really get into it," Hook said as he grinned at them.

 Don't be afraid to, you know to really get into it," Hook said as he grinned at them