hot water

"Harry!" Cedric Diggory was running on the bridge, tall and handsome as always. "You haven't figured out the clue yet, right?" Harry had no clue what he was on about.

       "No, have you?"

      "I'll tell you this, head to the fifth-floor prefect's bathroom. The password is 'pine-fresh'. Just mull things over in the hot water." Cedric seemed hurried.

      "Oh, you didn't have to do that-"

      "It was the least I could do after you told me about the dragons." He grinned. "Catch you later, Harry!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Harry stopped at the large wooden door, egg in one hand. "Pine-Fresh," He spoke to the door which unlocked at once. Inside, there were stained glass windows in the shapes of several magical creatures, but mostly merpeople. There was a large bath, the size of five swimming pools and dozens of shining taps spewing every different color of foamy soap. Harry looked around the room for signs of Myrtle, and was relieved to not hear her ghostly wail. She's probably being harassed by Peeves, Harry thought. He pulled off his robes, then his underwear, and folded them into a neat pile beside the tub. 

     The water was comfortingly warm, and it happened to smell like strawberries. The foam seemed a bit dispersed, but he didn't need to care. He was alone in peace, until the door banged open. "Come on, let's have some fun!" Pansy Parkinson had entered the bathroom, clutching Draco's arm suggestively. "Oops! This room seems taken." Harry quickly gathered the bubbles closer to his crotch, afraid they would see. 

      "Er... I could leave if you like," Harry wrapped a spare towel around his waist under the water. There were plenty more where it came from. 

      "Uhm, no, Potter, you stay. I don't need to see you like this. Pansy, I'll be with you in a moment-stop tugging-later, sweetie." Draco sat on the nearby towel bench. "Did you figure it out yet?"

       "No. Go ahead, your 'girlfriend' is waiting." He made finger quotes. Draco saluted goodbye and left to join her. Harry grabbed the egg and opened it again, only to hear the same ghastly shrieking sound. Although he thought it was a stupid idea, he opened it under the water. Harry plunged his head under the water to listen to the hauntingly beautiful voice.

      Come seek us where our voices sound
      We cannot sing above the ground
      An hour long you'll have to look
      To recover what we took

      An hour long you'll have to look
     To recover what we took
     Your times half gone so tarry not
     Lest what you seek stays here to rot

    Harry had no clue what he was up against.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "MERPEOPLE?" Harry yelled, earning a sharp shush from Madam Pince. 

    "Harry, not so loud. You have two months." Hermione reassured. Ron clapped him on the back. 

   "Yeah mate, there's so much time to prepare. You have me and the brightest witch of our age." Hermione blushed.

   "You have me convinced." Harry lied.