first date

"So, you brought me to a pear." Draco's heart sank a little. He'd been hoping for something a little more.

       "Wait," Harry reached out to tickle the worn painting.

       "A ticklish pe-" The secluded stone wall melted away to reveal a crackling fire with crates of food. Short house-elves piled vegetables into cloth sacs, and roasting potatoes in a makeshift oven. "Wow." A petite table sat in front of the fire, with two fancy steaks. Harry pulled the chair out to Draco before whispering something to a very familiar elf and winking.

       "So how'd I do?" Harry became oddly flustered. Draco barely heard this, as he was busy taking in the sights and smells of the Hogwarts Kitchens. 

       "Perfect," he reached out to grab Harry's hand and stroked it softly. "How'd you find this place?"

       "I know people," Harry smirked smugly and squeezed his hand. It wasn't long before they were digging at their meat, letting the juices dribble down their chins. They didn't care. They had each other. Draco had the urge to lean over and lick the dribble flowing off Harry's lips, which he ended up doing. He pulled him into an awkward little slow dance, like the one they had practiced months before. They fit together like a glove to a hand. This continued, slowly moving until they were back by the dorm again. 

       "That was a perfect first date," Draco managed to breathe out between soft kisses. He bent over to rest his head on his chest, just to feel small again, even if just for a couple minutes, in the hazy light of late evening.