without you

The effort it took to fight each other over the past few months crumbled away to dust, and now throwing the hardest insults was easy once again. Ron and Hermione started to get the hint, and just kept the beautiful subject of Draco Malfoy far away, where no one could care any more. Ironically, the sky was a bright blue without a single cloud in the sky. Harry didn't cry a single tear, instead he was cold and distant, and terribly disorganized. What started as a minor argument brought up issues and accusations that couldn't be fixed. Harry looked over the grounds, the soft hoots of the castle's owls nearby in the tower.

       He saw the overhangs of the gardens and courtyards, where they'd run and chase each other. He gazed toward the lake, glistening in the sunlight, slippery tentacles bobbing at the surface, and visible dark shapes darting around. The things that happened on its shores ran through Harry's mind. The sun had finally melted the snow-cabin they had enchanted over the late winter months, and now beautiful pansies grew over the puddle-like spot. "Pansies," He whispered aloud. their distinct petals could be seen from high above. It just didn't make any sense. Pansy wasn't the one for him.

                                                           He was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Draco wasn't attracted to her one bit, but he still let her snog his brains out, making any advances necessary. His mind was absent. It was  like he'd become her doll. The emerald-colored velvet of the quilt remained cold no matter how long they were in it, as if it were missing something so important. No matter how bright the sky was, everything was an ugly shade of gray. He hadn't cried a single tear, hoping Pansy could take away his pain, even though she couldn't. He remained organized to the eye, but inside, no one could undo the mess.

      The insults became more creative by the day. They ranged from 'Death Eater' to 'Orphan Boy', with several more with vibrant language. Things never got physical, and that's what he hated. Draco wanted to pull him in, but it wasn't worth it at all. He just had to be content with the Slytherin girl, because of all the suspecting students and teachers. Their relationship was a thing of the past, and it was somewhat obvious at the beginning that it wouldn't last. It was simple. Draco couldn't be redeemed. The Dark Lord was his calling.

                                                  He'd given up.