risk

Their sessions constantly included Draco on Harry's lap, leaning on a built-in desk, legs wrapped around his waist. It was intimate, yet sexless. One breezy afternoon, when they were supposed to be crafting a Transfiguration essay, Draco stroking his hair softly, Harry whispered, "Your father,"

Draco sat up abruptly. "What about my father?"

"He doesn't know,"

"He doesn't have to know." He leaned in to kiss him, only for Harry to lean away to continue speaking.

"You'll be one of them," Harry said it without thinking.

"Don't remind me." Now it was Draco's turn to back away.

"But-"

"I'm good, I swear!"

"We have no proof!"

"And you bring it up now? Not when we first became friends?" Draco's voice was starting to break. "Not when we had our first kiss?"

"Draco, I didn't mean it-" A lump formed in Harry's throat when he realized what he'd done.

"I-I tried to change for you,"

"I'm sorry, love."

"I think we need to take a break."

"You're being irrational-"

"Harry, please."

"You're right, I can't take the risk," He heard his voice begin to break.

Harry had nothing to bring to the table that night, as he didn't know how to word it. "We broke up" was too overdramatic, and any other iteration would bring attention, so he didn't say anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N (Angry ones, please read)

       I'm so sorry, I was really emotionally destroyed and in an awful place when I drafted this. I figured you guys weren't into the 'ship as much, and this would be uncalled for, so I sat through a couple of hours of fluff before publishing this to make it a bit more powerful. Once again, I apologize for putting you through so much while reading this. 

                  Thanks, 

                        sleepyfangirl_