dreams

Harry held him in his arms, gliding effortlessly, sending him into blissful oblivion, as Harry was the only thing that mattered in that moment. His ethereal underwater glow was blinding, and he could barely breathe-

        He couldn't breathe. Thin, shrinking arms were holding him, and the cool air of the frigid morning. And then he remembered the people. The people were everywhere, looking at a snobbish half-shark, prompting Draco to make his escape, the love of his life just behind, making sure he was safe with Ron and Hermione, who were a tangled mess of limbs. 

     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

       Cedric, Viktor (human), and Fleur met by Dumbledore and Crouch.  Dumbledore was screeching strangely at an important-looking merman at the dock. Fleur was coddling over her sister, the girl Harry saved, and speaking rapid-fire French back and forth with her. "And you, you saved her!" She grabbed Harry's head and kissed it elegantly. 

       "Where did you go?" Cedric looked at her inquisitively, Cho sitting in his lap. 

       "I was attacked by ze Grindylows!" Fleur went into a detailed summary of events, the rest of the champions watching uninterestedly. Harry took this as an opportunity to swim as fast as he could to the corner of the very last tower where his friends were. 

        "Harry! You're alright!" Hermione's weight was crushing, and Ron grabbed a dump truck of clean, periwinkle-colored towels to wrap around Harry. Harry only had eyes for one person in that moment. Sitting right there alone, wrapped in an identical towel, was Draco Malfoy. His pearly eyes illuminated excitedly at the simple sight of him. Overwhelmed with affection, all Harry could do was wrap himself with him, faces dangerously close to each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Draco's heart pounded, every valve sending mixed signals to almost every part of him. His inner consciousness exploded with the same question.

       Is he going to kiss me?

       Is he going to-

       Draco's eyes instinctively closed, as Harry softly pushed his lips onto his own. These two seconds were short, yet they carried their souls and passion. The double-wrapped towels made them one, Draco's hands roaming to his jawline to go in for a second. His face went hot as Harry's hands went to his cheek. The moment was beautiful, a wholesome mess that just felt so right. 

       Draco's eyes opened slowly, to meet glassy, brighter ones. A quick glance to the side, were Ron and Hermione, looking like proud parents, with sappy smiles. And then he remembered the people. The people, who still hadn't noticed, and would need to eventually. He faced the group in front of them, the joy wiped from his face.

                                            "No one can know."