dancing

"It goes like this," Draco inhaled sharply as he felt Harry's hand on his own. They'd gotten extremely close over the past couple of months as friends. But even still, one touch managed to send him into overdrive. He let himself be moved by the other boy into a slow and simple waltz.

     "We're doing it!"

    "Harry, I didn't know that you were such an amazing dancer!" Draco laughed. "How did you not find anyone to go with?"

    "Well, I had to turn down a lot of young children-" He grinned sheepishly, earning a chuckle. One important thing came to Draco's mind.

   "We're gonna have to insult each other the whole time, just to ward them off."

   "Whatever it takes, Pansy-eater." Harry smirked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "YOU'RE GOING WITH WHO?" Pansy practically spat in his face.

    "Well, we're only opening the ball together-"

    "NO!"

   "Professor McGonagall made us, okay?" Now it was Draco's turn to be angry. "WE AREN'T FRIENDS!" His acting skills were so on point, Pansy cowered in fear.

   "O-Okay, I-I'm sorry," She started to cry like a baby. Obligated to cheer her up, he held her in his arms. 

   "Shhh, now. I'm sorry, too." Her claw-like nails dug into his back.