1

Lucy's pov

I didn't expect them to find me. I uploaded that video thinking the only people that would ever see it would be me and my mum. Even when they did see it, I didn't expect them to do anything.

I thought the only time my voice would see the light of day is when I'm sitting in my room humming short lullabies I wrote to myself, but here I am. Here I am standing in the line of security, to travel half way across the world to tour with a band I thought would never even know my name. Here I am crawling with anxiety that they won't like me, that they will regret inviting me on tour. Here I am hoping that everything will be okay.

I scan my passport on the machine and say a quick thank you to the lady standing behind the desk, before walking off with my hand luggage wheeling behind me. My white shoes scuff against the clean floor of the airport as I quickly find my gate and get ready for my ticket to be called for boarding. As the record label bought my ticket, it was for first class seating, something I had never experienced in my entire life.

"Sydney to LA, First class and priority passengers boarding now at gate 13"  An intercom said loudly over head.
It took me a while to even realise that was me and I quickly stood up before scurrying towards the gate and showing them my ticket.

The man at the desk eyed me up and down before mumbling "have a nice flight" . I walked down the winding corridor before turning left towards the front of the plane. I walked down the aisles of the plane before I found my seat which despite being called a seat was more the size of a small sydney inner city apartment.

I sat down and did up my seat belt even though I had more than enough time before the plane took flight. I fiddled with my ticket in my hands before seeing the length of the flight written across it.
15 hours.

I groan realising I would be stuck in this plane by myself for 15 hours. I never liked flying alone, I'm only 18 and never really had to fly by myslef, I can just tell I don't like it.

~15 hours later~

"Excuse me ma'am"
I was awoken by a polite looking lady tapping me on the shoulder.
"Welcome to Las Angeles" she continued. I smiled and looked around realising that everyone else on the plane had already departed from the vessel.

I picked up my hand luggage and walked my way through the plane and into the winding hallways. It's crazy how quiet the airport is late at night, duty free feels like a haunted maze, hearing the squeak of my sneakers against the floor.

I walked out of the airport and got into a taxi to my airport. Tomorrow I meet the band that's made my dreams come true.