Going to the Shire

The next day I had made my mind up, I had decided that I was going to go on the quest. I didn't know where the Shire was exactly so I set off early afternoon.

        I found it and I tried to find the door that had Gandalf's mark on it. I soon found it and I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The door was opened by a hobbit.

        I bowed low and said "Ann, at your service." I used the shorted down version of my mother's name.

        He opens the door and I step inside, groaning inwardly when I see there are lots of dwarves. I also saw Gandalf and I bowed my head in greeting. 

        I said to him "Do not tell any of these people that I am an elf. Tell them that I am a human."

        He looked suprised but he still nodded. I lean against the wall and I started to regret my choice. 

        There was soon a knock at the door and I walked over and the hobbit opened the door. I sat down at the table and soon the other dwarves came over so I stood up.

        The dwarf that walked in last pulled out a map and they started talking about the journey to reclaim their homeland. I moved closer so I could have a better look at the map.

        I muttered "The Lonely Mountain, you want to go there even though you know Smaug could still be there."

        The dwarf who I recognised as Thorin Oakenshield turned around to face me and looked me up and down, he raised one eyebrow.

        He said "What's it to you?"

        I narrowed my grey eyes at him and I was about to say something but Gandalf said "She will be helping you. She is just a human, asked here by me."

        Thorin simply grunted and turned back to the map.

        I glared at the back of his head and walked out of the front door. I stood staring at the night sky and I heard the door open behind me and I turned around.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What do you think to this chapter