Returning home

As soon as I realised where we were headed I shook my head quickly, I didn't want to return home. I knew that my father would stop me from going on this quest.

        I walked over to Gandalf and whispered "If my father says he wants to talk to me, tell him he must do it in private."

        Gandalf nodded and we walked along the path into my former home. When we were outside Lindir approached us and I tried to hide behind Thorin, which was easier said than done when I was taller than him.

        I heard him talking to Gandalf about Elrond and he said that he wasn't here. I let out a sigh of relief.

        Soon there was the sound of approaching hoofsteps and I held my breath hoping it wasn't who I thought it was.

        I let out a silent groan when I realised my father had arrived and as the other dwarves formed a defensive circle I got pushed to the middle.

        Elrond started talking to Gandalf about the orcs who had attacked us and I heard Gandalf mutter something to him.

        His gaze swept across the group of dwarves and I kept my head down hoping not to be recognised. He offered the dwarves food and they were led to eat while Elrond led me away with Gandalf. 

        He led me to where my mother was stood and I said "I know what you are going to say but nothing is going to stop me going on this quest. And please do not tell them who I am, they think I am a human."

---------------------------------------

A/N: What do you think they will say? What do you think?