12

"I'm not going in there",Grace said as they neared the entrance of the restuarant. She folded her arms across her chest and shook her head like a little child.

"What do you have against Pedro's?",Damian asked with a confused look.

"I just don't want to go in there, Damian",Grace said and turned back toward the car.

"Grace, I'm hungry. You should eat too. Come on",Damian said with a serious look.

Something about him made made it easy for her to be manipulated by him. It's like he didn't need to do much convincing to have his way with her. As much as Grace never wanted to go back to Pedro's ever again she already knew that she was going to go in there with Damian.

Grace took a deep breath and realised she was also hungry and could use something to eat.

"As long as it's not lasagne",Grace said sternly.

"Firstly lasagne is disgusting. Secondly you have got to taste their chicken nuggets",Damian said as they entered the restaurant.

A swarm of memories entered Grace's mind and she did her utmost best to push them out. It was surprisingly easy because Damian was distracting her. When she sat down at the booth she took a moment to look at him properly. Damian sat across from her and picked up a menu.

She noticed the way his eyes sparkled. It was almost impossible to see but when she looked close enough she could see it. His eyes were deep, and hard to read. You couldn't tell how he was feeling by looking at them. His long sleeved shirt stoped right at his wrist. Grace secretly wanted to see his hands because they were always concealed.

"What do you want to drink?",Damian looked up from the menu and asked.

"Chocolate milk",Grace replied.

"Really? Out of everything you could drink. You choose chocolate milk?"

"It's really good. You should have it too since I'm having nuggets with you",Grace said with a shrug.

"Okay, then",Damian said and just then a waitress approached them. She was a leggy blond with way too much lip gloss painted across her luscious lips.

"Good day, may I take your order?",she asked an looked directly at Damian. She didn't even acknowledge Grace's existence.

"Greetings", Damian said as he squinted to read her name tag. "Layken", he smiled. "Can we please have a bunch of your chicken nuggets, some fries and two glasses of chocolate milk ",Damian said.

"Sure thing, anything else?", she said batting her eyelids at him. She was practically throwing herself at him.

"No thanks", Damian said uninterested and turned his attention back to Grace.

"I'm about to throw up in my mouth ",Grace rolled her eyes.

"As long as you don't throw up on me",Damian said as he grabbed the salt container and emptied some salt onto the table.

"Why does it seem like you're so used to girls throwing themselves at you?",Grace asked him with the raise of an eyebrow.

"Because, Amazing Grace. They do and it's quite tedious. It's boring. Sex has become boring. I still engage in it but it's nothing to talk about",Damian shrugged.

"Clearly,nothing to talk about. So please don't",Grace gave him a dirty look. "What do you expect though? When you sleep with a ton of different girls",Grace said harshly.

"It's not as simple as you think",Damian said as the waitress returned with their nuggets and fries.

"Go ahead, Amazing Grace. Try it",Damian said to her and the waitress came back with the chocolate milk.

Grace gave him a look and then picked up a nugget and took a bite. She chewed and then smiled. It had been a while since she had actually smiled. A real, genuine smile.

"These are so good",Grace said with a mouth full of food.

She looked at Damian. He stuffed an entire chicken nugget into his mouth. He was one of the few people that actually looked good while they ate. He was one of the people that still looked good no matter the circumstances or situation. Damian was extremely attractive and that was something that Grace couldn't deny.

"They are fucking good,Amazing Grace",Damian nodded and took a gulp of his chocolate milk.

"Stop cussing",Grace said sternly.

"My mistake. I just like to throw in a cuss word or two sometimes, it makes the big man so upset",Damian laughed. "The chocolate milk isn't that terrible",he said softly.

"So you're telling me that you don't like cussing?"

"I feel like there are so many words in the lexicon to aid in the construction of a coherent sentence. Why disrespect that and use an ordinary cuss word that takes away the significance of your words,Amazing Grace?",Damian said as he took another chicken nugget and stuffed it into his mouth.

Grace was taken aback. Damian was unlike anyone she had ever met. He was different. Of course he was different he was a demon-angel. She was eating chicken nugget and having chocolate milk with a demon-angel that worked for Lucifer. That wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was that she thought he was handsome!

"I haven't spoken to anyone in a while",Grace said flatly.

"I can tell. Your conversation skills are horrendous",Damian shrugged.

"Seriously,Damian. I haven't had a real conversation with someone in a very long time",Grace said as grabbed a fry.

"That's tragic, Amazing Grace. That is tragic. You know what? No one should live like that. We've got a few more things on the list. We don't have to rush through them but what I am going to guarantee you is some memories. When I met you, you were dead. Now it's time for you to feel alive, Grace",Damian took a few fries and bit them. "See, we demon-angels aren't heartless, we just like to have some fun, have some fun with, Amazing Grace."