Polyamorous: Anaroyality

Dang this is easily my longest fic yet lmao. I didn't mean for it turn out so long it kinda just happened while I wrote it.

Low key worried to publish this since it's my first time writing a poly ship, I hope it was ok eeeeeee.

Hope y'all like it!

Tw: none

Today was the day.

Today Virgil was going to tell the other sides he was polyamorous.

And, depending on how they take it, that he was interested in Roman and Patton.

Virgil had decided to tell the other sides over dinner, when everyone would be in a relatively good mood and looking forward to the movie marathon they had every Friday night in the mind palace.

Virgil had tried that morning over breakfast to tell them all, but had chickened out last second, over come with worry about what they would think of him and how they would react. What if they hated him? What if they thought he was a freak? What if they thought he was a good for nothing cheater who couldn't be trusted by anyone?

Though these thoughts and anxieties plagued his mind, the pain of longing to be with the two other sides had become to much to bear and he desperately wanted the others to know of his feelings.

~time skip~

It was now time for dinner, and the four light sides were all sitting down at the table, ready to eat the meal Patton had prepared for them. Halfway through, the meal, Virgil cleared his throat and announced, "I have something I've been meaning to tell you guys." They all looked at him expectantly. "I- I'm polyamorous."

Logan, being the logical side, of course already knew what it meant, just nodded saying "I see. Good for you, Virgil." Roman and Patton, however, looked very confused. "What's that mean?" Patton asked curiously. Virgil at looked Logan "Uh- could you- I mean- " "Would you like for me to explain for them?" "Please."

Logan turned to Patton and Roman, "Polyamorous is when a person is open to dating more then one partner at a time, and everyone is informed and has has consented to this. Because of everyone's knowledge and consent, it is NOT cheating on anyone. Polyamorous is also an identity that is not inherently queer, but you can still be queer and poly, like Virgil is. Any other questions?" As Logan finished his monologue, Virgil looked at the other two sides, waiting for their response.

"There's a word for that? Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! I've always felt differently towards Virgil and Roman, but I never thought I could like them BOTH!" Patton squealed out excitedly.

Virgil looked shocked, "you- you like me?" "Of course Virge! You're amazing how I could I not!" Virgil blushed and said, "I like you too Pat, and...Roman." He looked over at Roman, "Ro? What do you think about all this?"

Roman looked up from where he had been starting down at his plate and said "Of all the things I expected tonight, I certainly wasn't prepared for two hot guys to express their interest in me. Obviously, I return your feelings and would love to have the honor of being both of your boyfriend, as long as that's ok with you both." As he was speaking, Roman got up from the table and summoned two roses, one blue and one purple, and presented them to Patton and Virgil before finishing his speech and awaiting their response.

Patton rushed over to Roman and gave him a tight hug before saying, "Yeah I wanna be your boyfriend! And Virgil's! I love you both so much!" "Patton it is 'want to' not 'wanna'" Logan said with a sigh, as if he's said this before a hundred times. "Leave my boyfriend alone, Calculator Watch!" Roman said defensively.

Logan rolled his eyes and stood, having finished his food. "You're all so dramatic I swear. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to give you all a moment to discuss your relationship while I begin preparing the living room for our movie marathon." and with that, he left.

"So...Virge? How are you feeling right now? Do you want this with us?" Patton said, still holding onto Roman's side.

Virgil looked at them both, standing there. Patton holding tightly to the creative side, only reaching his shoulder, and Roman standing over Patton holding him as if he were the most precious thing in the world. The sight was the most adorable and perfect thing Virgil had ever seen.

"Yes. Yes yes yes a thousand times YES!" Virgil exclaimed and quickly ran to join them, hugging them and burying his head into Patton's shoulder.

"Virge?" Patton said, "May I kiss you?"
Virgil stepped back from Patton and just nodded his head, unable to form coherent sentences with everything that was happening to him.

Patton leaned in and kissed Virgil softly, giving him room to pull away if he needed to. Virgil however looped his arm around Patton's waist, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss.

After several moments they parted, and Roman stepped in between them, gently cupping Virgil's face with his hand and leaning in, waiting for Virgil's final nod of consent before he kissed him fully.

They stepped back from each other as Patton moved in between them, looking up at Roman hopefully. "You want me to kiss you, Pat?" Roman smiled at him. "Mhm." He hummed out. Roman leaned down and kissed him, before pulling away and pressing a kiss to the tip of his nose, making Patton's eyes light up and a blush spread furiously across his cheeks.

Roman leaned over to where Virgil was hugging Patton from behind, and pressed a kiss to his forehead, effectively making Virgil blush along with Patton.

"So I take it we're boyfriends now?" Roman said, wanting to double check for confirmation.

"Yes! I'd love that! We can go on dates together, and we can all cuddle- OH MY GOD WE CAN HAVE SLEEPOVERS WITH OUR ONESIES! SLUMBER PARTY DATES!" Patton all-but yelled out ecstatically.

Virgil and Roman laughed at their boyfriend's excitement, overjoyed that he was so happy. "I can't explain to you both how long I've wanted this...I would be over the moon if you would take me as your boyfriend." Virgil said, hugging Patton closer as he spoke.

Patton grabbed his hand and turned around in his arms, pulling his hand up to his face and pressing a kiss to his knuckles, "Virge, you're the best boyfriend I could ask for. Along with Roman, that is." He turned and smiled up at the creative side, who said, "Patton's right, Emo. I am indeed the best boyfriend out there." Patton and Virgil laughed and shook their heads. "No but seriously. All jokes aside, you are incredible, Virgil. We both love you and can't wait to explore this relationship with you." Roman leaned over Patton and once again pressed a kiss to Virgil's forehead, before saying, "Now we should probably go join Logan for the marathon before he gets annoyed we're taking so long."

Virgil and Patton both agreed, so they left together for the living room and began their movie marathon.

And if they stayed cuddled together on the couch all night? Then that was their business.

~1175 words