1. Tick Tick

It has been 2 months since you walked away from the boys. You have been on small cases and not ones that would draw their's or Bobby's attention. But you ran into Rufus while hunting a wraith and he dragged you to Bobby's. Well, more specifically you let him drag to Sioux Falls. Bobby has a drinking problem and you didn't want to be the reason that accelerates his drinking rate. Bobby was pissed, but he kept his cool. He felt more relieved than angry when he saw you. But that didn't mean that didn't yell at you. Your glare burned Rufus once in a while but that man is made of stone. None of your angry and exasperated looks made the man budge. He's one tough son of a bitch.

Bobby was about to call Sam and let them know that you've been found but you stopped him. He knew by the look on your face that you didn't want to tell him why you don't want them in your life anymore, so he didn't. You would have told Bobby about Dean if he wasn't so much of a son to the man. Bobby loved them. Someone had to.

Before you left, you promised Bobby that you'd always let him know where you were and call him if you need anything, but on one condition - the Winchesters will never hear anything of you from him. Ever. He accepted your condition reluctantly and sent you away with a fresh arsenal.

2 weeks after this in Wyoming, when you were on a hunt with Tara, one of the best female hunters out there, clearing a nest, you fainted, leaving her with a limp you and two crazy vampires to behead, which she did effortlessly. She rushed you to the nearest hospital and you found out that you have 6 months, max, left on your calendar. You never considered treatment, because it was only going to keep you alive for a year longer, maybe, and death would be a lot more painful than if you don't seek treatment. You decided to drop hunting and enjoy your life for a while.

You visited Jimmy a lot, went over and stayed at Bobby's, and even at Rufus's. If you weren't dying he never would have let you stay over. If there is anyone Rufus was ever nice to after his wife, that's you. You finally told Bobby about the cancer and it broke his heart. It destroyed him that you had decided to give up but he knew very well that no hunter ever wants to die eating meds. You dropped hunting and used the money you had to buy a small place in Pontiac, Illinois not too far from Jimmy's but you never told him about it. 

You started spending your time baking and doing art. You ditched your jacket and jeans and started wearing baggy t-shirts and trousers at home. And oh yeah... you had a warm yellow apron now. You were living like a sweet grandma. You contemplated seeing people and losing your virginity. Getting it done before you hit the clock. But the thought of being with a guy reminded you of Dean and that gave you minor panic attacks. You couldn't forgive him for what he had done to you, but you couldn't bring yourself to hate him, because you were in love with him. Yes, you gave into the thought rather than fighting it. It was a hundred times easier.

For once other than the little anxiety the thought of dying crept int into your heart, you were genuinely happy. It had been a month since the hunt with Tara, and to be honest you were living your life. You always thought that hunting, watching movies, and reading was your only passion but you never had a chance to try baking or painting. Everything was finally falling into place. Just when you thought you couldn't feel more contented with your life, the doorbell rang and as you opened the door you saw the sad and broken but angry six feet four in tall man and you knew it was bad news.