7. Miracles do happen

You woke up feeling incredibly energetic. Like you've had a great night's sleep. Like you weren't sick anymore. What the hell?  You gasped as you ran your fingers on your biceps. You couldn't feel the bone. There was muscle instead of just skin and bone. You jumped off the bed and bolted to your washroom and stared at yourself in the mirror. You look healthier than ever now. You ran your fingers through your thick black hair ad you noticed that it smelled amazing too. And then it hit you. Castiel! He kept his end of the bargain! Dean was probably safe, you were healed and... well, he didn't possess you long enough to have aged. Or did I blackout for decades or something? You started hyperventilating and ran to your bedside table to take a look at your phone. The date made you sigh in relief.

How do I thank him? Or should I? He blinded a woman, didn't he? Is he even the good guy?

"Holy fuck!" You said out aloud and right away you heard footsteps thudding up the stairs. You yanked the sliver machete from your bookshelf and stood in an offensive stance, as the closed bedroom door swung open. The machete clattered onto the floor as Dean pulled into a hug, kissing the top of your head. You had forgotten to breathe. You had no idea what was going on.

"You've been sleeping for a day and a half. We were worried." he pulled back. "Yeah..." you looked around your room feeling dazed. "Cas..." you mumbled. "What?" he stepped before you.

"Castiel. I need to see him." You insisted.

"Baby, he..."

"He? Cas is a he?"

"Well... I don't know. He was in you. Now he's in some other dude. So we're assuming he's... you know.. he" You gave Dean a ridiculous look. He can be such a tool at explaining things. 

"CAS?!! CAS COME TO ME. PLEASE. I NEED TO TALK TO YOU" You started yelling at the ceiling and Dean started shaking you by the shoulder. 

"Jenna, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Dean yelled at you looking dead worried.

"Jenna. Dean," You heard an over-the-top gravelly voice from behind you and from the tone, you knew it was Cas. YOu turned around to face him and your jaw dropped.

"No... Jimmy no. Not Jimmy," Your vision blurred tears filled your eyes.

"I had no other choice." He dropped his electric blue eyes from yours.

"You could have gone for anybody else..."

"No!" he cut you short rudely. "If I try to possess anyone outside the Novak bloodline, they will explode. It was either you or James Novak. You gave me no choice. Your mind is too strong for me to suppress. I will not be in full power while possessing you. Claire Novak being a child, was clearly not a viable option. So it had to be James Novak."

You stood there tears streaming down your face. Cas stepped forward and held your arm. "He was a very devout man. He asked for this." You gripped his hand and dug your fingers in it.

"Don't let anything happen to him." You pleaded. "I can't promise that." He looked at you apologetically and gave Dean a little nod and disappeared.

X---------------------------------X

"Sixty-six seals?" you asked in disbelief and Sam nodded. "Seals to open what?"

"Lucifer's cage" Dean replied grimly. You shot him an angry look asking him to stop joking but the look in his eyes said he was saying the truth.

"So... if they're all broken... Lucifer walks the earth...?" you gulped. "And where do we all come into this?"

"You, like Cas said, are his true vessel. And he's been in your head. You of all people know him most." Bobby explained. "And Dean... Cas says God has plans for him." Your eyes went back to meet Dean's for confirmation. Once he gave you a nod, you slouched into the couch and sighed out loud.

"Want one?" Sam dangled a bottle of beer before your eyes "Desperately," you say and grabbed it.

"Cas zapped me to 1973." Dean suddenly chimed in, and the beer went into your wrong pipe and you coughed it up. "What?" your voice cracked. "Yeah... I met mom and dad... I saw why all of this happened." he seemed to be lost in that memory and you didn't want to bother him asking what went down that year.

"So, uh... what are you going to do now? Now that you're not sick anymore." Sam asked expectantly.

"Hunt" you smirked and the three faces before you lit up like a Christmas tree.