14. Playing with Death

"Hey, Bobby. Sup?" you asked into the phone.

"I got a case for ya. Greybull, Wyoming." 

You covered the phone and whispered at Dean, "Case. Wyoming." He sat up from his bed, his eyes fixed on you.

"I'm gonna put you on speaker here, Bobby." you took the phone off your ear and put in on speaker as Sam walked in and jerked his head questioningly. you mouthed the word 'case' to him as Bobby began to speak.

"It's in Greybull, Wyoming. People ain't dyin' there."

"Isn't that supposed to be  a good thing?" Dean asked.

"Could have said that if a terminally ill guy hadn't been walkin' up and about and a guy shot point-blank would have walked away like nothin' happened." Sam raised his eyebrows.

"What, Reapers slacking on the town or something?" you joked.

"Good guess." Bobby chuckled.

"What?" Sam chimed in as he sat beside Dean, handing him a beer.

"It's one of the 66 seals, boys. Somethin' about killing two reapers."

"We're on it, Bobby." Dean stood up and walked out of the room.

"Give us a call if you get more info," you said after taking the call off the speaker and told him you were all doing fine.

X---------------------------------------X

To break the seal, two reapers had to be killed. But what was the creepy thing going around in the town and what caused it was unknown to you. The boys called up Pamela for help. They were going to die for a while to do a perimeter check on the land of the dead. You were staying behind with Pamela, just in case anything went wrong. She sat there on Sam's bed by his feet, silently for a long time.

"You know, I may be blind but I can feel you fidgeting around." Pamela chuckled, her back facing you. You stopped pacing and let out a small laugh. "You always this scared?"

"Uhm... no. It's not every day my uh... friends die just for a few minutes." Pamela didn't talk back and you sat down on a chair and stared out of the window biting your nails unconsciously.

"He's a hot piece of ass, isn't he?" She broke the silence. You just stared at her in confusion and then remembered that she's blind. "Psychic powers come with some psychological powers too, y' know."

"Psychological powers?" you were intrigued. Plus, it could serve as a change of topic.

Pamela laughed. "Not powers per se, but I can feel what others are feeling and read their thoughts a little bit. I can feel the intensity of fear, anxiety, longing, love..." she noticed your shift in your chair. "Ah... love!" she turned around grinning. "You're in love with the Ken Doll." she awed and laughed. You were smiling awkwardly and stopped when you saw her smile fade. "He doesn't know. He has no idea." She said in realization. "Why haven't you told him yet?" She patted Dean's bed, by his feet asking you to go and sit over there. Your eyes swept Dean's face and trailed down his body as you sighed and sat down by his feet. 

"He's Dean Winchester. I can't have that." you shook your head.

"Funny how that's exactly what he thinks." you breathed in sharply. "Oh my god!! You didn't know either!!" Pamela gasped. You kept your sharp gaze at her as she shook her head and muttered something under her breath.

"You kids and your drama... Dean likes Jenna, and Jenna doesn't know. Jenna likes Dean and Dean doesn't know. It's so... cheesy" she gagged. 

"Why would Dean..." you trailed off. This can't be happening. Dean likes me??? Dean fucking Winchester fucking likes me? Hell no, no goddamn!!!