•Part 4• The Lies Keep Coming

Constance's POV

I sighed as I laid on the training mat in the Titans head quarters. Hank, Richard and Dawn have been training me Gar and Rachel for two weeks straight. Gar is doing well with hand to hand. Rachel is getting better at using her powers. And me? I've learned better control of my fire and compulsion powers. But my hand to hand needs work. "I hate you so much" I sighed out to Hank as he and Dawn laugh at me " you're improving though Amb's. Couple more weeks and you'll be at Gar's level. Hank says using the nickname he gave me. Over the last couple weeks I've gotten close to Gar and Rachel. They trust me a lot. Donna is warming up to me. But she not here a lot. Richard is.... Richard. It's hard to tell if he trusts me or not. Dawn says I'm the little sister she's always wanted. So I assume she trusts me. And Hank.... well.... we've gotten close. I'm closer to him than anyone else....I know Dawn doesn't like that. A couple days ago when it was just me and her here at head quarters I compelled her to tell me the truth of what she thinks of me. It wasn't pretty. But it was honest. She of course doesn't remember that. So far I've only ever been fully alone with her. If I'm with another member of the team. Someone else always comes along before I can do my compulsion.

I sighed again and got up "okay let's go again. " I say and Dawn and Richard chuckled at me "at least you don't give up. Gar Rachel Dawn take a break. I gotta go run some errands anyways. Hank keep at her. Get her up a level by the end of today" Richard says. I've figured out he's definitely in charged of operations here. Then it's Dawn who's pretty much second in command and voice of reason. Then Hank is the muscles. Gar and Rachel are obviously trainees /hero in work like me and Donna... is... I'm not sure actually she's not here a lot for me to really know.
I assume she is apart of this team. But I truly don't know. "Hey Hank. Can I ask a question?" I asked him as we stopped "sure what's up" he said as we sat on the mats. "It's Donna. I know she's apart of the team... I think. But why doesn't she stay here? Like ever? I feel like I haven't gotten to know her or earn her trust very much liek I have with the rest of you" I say/ask "Donna is complicated. Her and Richard sit. Have the best relationship anymore. So it's hard to have em both her and keep em on friendly terms. Donna is also Theymiscarian. So she has her duties to her people when they need her" he said and I freeze. Wonder Woman is Theymiscarian... "does... does she know that Wonder Woman hero?" I ask him "honestly kid. I don't know. I would assume so. Why the sudden curiosity?" He asks. Great... think fast. "Well it's just. I feel like out of everyone. My relationship with Donna is non existent. I mean I have a small one with a Richard. He seems to be... warming up. But Donna isn't here much. So I guess I feel... kinda liek I'm failing to gain her trust. How can I be accepted here if not everyone is here to accept me? Does that make sense?" I ask back and sigh as he nods "I get that. Well maybe when she is here you two can talk. You can tell her how you're feeling and see if you can work something out" he says and I smile. "I'd like that. If it ever happens. Thank you. For listening " I say shyly. Hanks is different from any guy I've met. Yes he's a bit older than me. But I feel as if we are on the same maturity level with each other. Well at least I hope so.
Just as we stood up a red light started to go off and a blaring sound admitted throughout the HQ. we looked at each other and ran to where the others were. Which was what Richard called the surveillance room where they keep up to date with villains and such things "what happening?" Rachel asked just as a huge shaking started happening "someone is attacking the building. " Gar said and I looked at the screen. I saw a tall Male. Dark hair and piercing blue eyes with a giant Red S on his chest. Crap. Not Conner. "Oh no... not him!! Not now!!" I say as I push past Hank and Dawn and lol kat the screen "you know him!?" Richard asked "unfortunately. He's a friend... a strong friend. I'll be right back" I say and run o it. The others tried to stop me but I wa s already gone and jumping out a window to the ground below. I slowed myself with fire and landed "CONNER!" I yelled and he stopped punching the steel door. He turned to me and almost instantly I regretted it. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I never told him or the others were I was going. I just left. On Batman's orders. I suddenly felt a rush of air behind me. And sighed I turned to see the whole Young Justice team there "you guys can't be here!! Batman will kill you!" I say urgently "why did he send you here!?" Conner asked as he turned me to him. "I can't tell you that! I'm here under orders from Bats. If you want to know ask him!" I say in the mind link I could feel from Megan. "Are... are you at least safe?" Artemis said and I turned to her. I smiled and nodded "yeah. I am. The Titans are nice. Not like you guys. But they're nice. Look Bats wants me to gain information on them. He says it's to know if they're trust worthy enough to potentially work with us and the Justice League. It's recon. I promise I'm okay" I say and I suddenly engulfedin a hug from Conner I sighed and hugged him back. I missed him so much. I miss them all so much. "We just needed to know you were okay. You left. Vanished without a trace. We thought someone took you. Or.. or that you were dead" Robin(Tim) said out loud probably knowing that the Viking had cameras with mics "I'm sorry. After all you've done for me. I should have at least told you something. I'm sorry. I just... I just couldn't" I say "we understand. But next time. Please at least inform us that you'll be leaving. Even if you can't tell us why" Aqualad said "I will. I promise. But I promise the Titans. The people I'm with right now that are inside. They are helping me. They're kind. I promise I'm safe and staying safe" I say and they seem to understand that. "Just. Come home soon. Please" Conner says and laces a kiss on my forehead "I will try. I promise" I say back and I see the bio ship above and they all get in either by rope or flight.... I wave as they leave. And sighed as I walked to the battered front door and it opened. I walked in. Preparing myself for an answer to many questions I was sure I wa gonna get from the Titans. More lies... more acting.... great... I'm supposed to be a villain. Feel nothing. Yet I feel everything...