•Part16• The Mind Test

(This chapter will be taking parts from You g Jusrice Season 1 Episode 16 Failsafe. We're they do the mind connection test)

Constance's POV

I was sitting in the living room with Megan and Artemis just chatting. It's been a few weeks since the whole Orb thing and me talking to Richard and my dad. Things have been pretty smooth. I restarted my training and have been doing missions again with the team which is so great!
Bats said we had a special mission to do today. Though I'm not sure what it is. He said that he's not explaining anything to us about it just to meet him in the mission room when he calls.
As the day went on he finally called us and told us to suit up.... little did we know that we were in for one hell of a ride.

•••••••••••••
We were all laid out on tables. Martian Manhunter was here as well they said it's a test to see how our brain waves functions as a team. Whatever that means. Suddenly everything went black.....

When I woke up I was on the couch. A bit of confusion happening but I shook it off as I stood. Suddenly Robin (Tim) came in saying we had a emergency..... as we got to the mission room. Red tornado is there with the whole of young justice and the Titans. As we watched on The Batplanes video feed...

A shadow glides over the moon, heading towards Earth, the shadow is from a massive ship that is deep blue in color with red spots, largely in the shape of a turnip with the roots still attached.
There is a flash of light from the East Coast of the US, where the two Green Lanterns and the BatPlane breach the atmosphere to meet the ship.

"Deploying camera-sensor units." Batman says with a push of a button. Two small probes release from the Plane, watching as the plane and the Lanterns continue to approach the ship.
"Attention." John Stewart says. "You have entered the boundaries of Earth space. Disengage all weapons and engines. This is your final warning."

For a moment nothing happens, that is until there is a loud whirring type sound from the red port in front of them as it lights up and shoots a beam at them.

The two Lanterns get their shields up, but.... the beam persists and shatters the spheres, turning them into skeletons before that too disappears in a flash.
A few gasps were heard from the teams as we watched this...

The beam shuts off and the BatPlane makes its approach. "Code red. Full offensive deploy." I hear my dad say worry filling my heart.
The bay door opens to reveal Superman, Shazam, Captain Atom, and Martian Manhunter all four wearing oxygen masks as they fly towards the ship.
The beam from the ship fires again, all the Leaguers remain calm and avoid the beam, which splits in two following the pairs of flying Leaguers.
Superman and Martian Manhunter are caught in the beam that is following them, followed quickly by Captain Atom and Shazam.
More gasps are filled and I see Conner hugging a Crying Megan
The beam is fired at the BatPlane, but Batman ejects before it explodes. From his smaller plane, he sees small ships being released on the planet below. One of the small planes, which dwarfs the size of Batman's pod, approaches him and fires an identical laser at the Dark Knight. And that's when the video feed is cut off...
I let out a piercing scream as o fall yo my knees. In full sobs and tears...
Red Tornado watches the screen in the center of the training space, turning to a second screen as another transmission comes through.
It's Zatara. "Tornado, did you-?" he cuts himself off unable to get himself to say it despite his low and worried tone.