•Part18• We're Back!

Narrators POV

One year. One long year. Since the team of young hero's broke up.
They all went their separate ways. M'gann went back to Mars. She helped bring peace to her home. Became an Ambassador for her world. Now She is back. Stronger than ever and with more control over her powers.
Conner went his own way. He got to spend time With Superman. The two bonding and eventually becoming father and son. All while he studied and went to school.
Artemis and Wally bought a house. A cute little place a few blocks away from his family and they even got a dog. Both had wonderful part time jobs at a bank in Central City.
Kaldur went back to Stlantis. Became Aqumans right hand royal advisor and a professor in magic for younger kids.
Robin. Aka Tim stayed with Bruce. Studying and having a normal teen life.
Richard went back to San Francisco and kept his job as a cop. Helping young kids mostly. Hank got back together with Dawn after his split from Constance both are living together in small cottage in the middle of nowhere.
Gar and Rachel took the year to travel all over the world and saw many sights. Eventually they started to date as their feelings grew.
And Constance? She went to her home world. Became an Official Princess and Heir to her grandparents throne. Her relationship with them grew as she learned about her family and her world. She even helped to defeat their enemy and take back their main planet. Becoming their ultimate Savior.

But now. As the year draws to an end. The hero's once again come back to their hideout. Gathering and hugging. Laughing and telling stories. Though Constance is late. Fashionably late.
•••••••••••••••

Constance's POV

"We will be arriving soon Princess" Athoral said to me as I smoothed my dress as I stood. A lot had changed. I saved my world. Got my grandparents throne back. Became a savior and a heir. Oh and a Princess. This year feels like it's gone by so fast. "Are you alright?" He asked as he put the ship in autopilot and stood in front of me and held my shoulders softly "no. I am Nervous I haven only spoken to M'gann and father bout my return today. I haven't seen or spoken to anyone else since we went our own ways "I say. And it's true. I only spoke to father and to M'gann. I e visited each other's planets. And hung out a lot. Athoral smiled as he hugged me we are very close. He is my guard. He was assigned to me a week after my arrival. We have become Very very close. We have slept Together and kissed and all that but I'm secret since it is forbidden for a Royal and guard to do such things.

After some time we landed on earth at the mountain and walked inside. Dad was the first to greet me. Then M'gann. "You've cut your hair!" I say excitedly making her laugh "and you're in a gown!" She says and we hug again before her and bats take
Me and Athoral to the others. "How is everyone one?" I asked "you'll have to find out for yourself. They don't know you're coming back. We've kept it secret. So they'll be happy to see you and shocked" she says making me smile we get to the living area and I see Hank and Conner and the others doing charades. They're acting out Harry Potter. I chuckle as people get it wrong "i do believe they are acting out Harry Potter" I say casually and everyone freezes and turns my way. Suddenly screams rang out as I was attacked with hugs from Artemis and Rachel and Dawn. I laughed and hugged back "you look gorgeous " Dawn said "I love that dress" Arty said  soon more hugs came my way. Though Hank stayed back. Things ended badly with us after I said I was leaving earth. " I told You looked stunning" Athoral said to me as the compliments died down as we sat "oh hush with the I told you so's" I say as we kiss "sooo who's this?" Rachel asked "I am Athoral. Princess Constance personal guard" he says formally making me sigh and shake my head "he only has one way of speaking and it's formally" I snicker "is not! I have other ways!!" He whines making us laugh again. We sit and they ask me what's been going on since I left.
"Well I've officially taken the totale Princess and Heir to the throne. I helped our army take back our world. I've travelled to all of the planets that are in a peace treaty with us. I've made new friends. Like Athoral. And I've gained a new power" I start off "what kind of power?" Dawn asks. "Princess. Be careful of what you say" Athoral advises. "It's fine. I trust them. " I say and he tenses as I stand up "it's best if I show you. Follow me" I say and I lead them all out side. I take off the skirt part of my outfit to reveal shorts under it. and walk abut in front of them.
"Don't be scared okay?" I asked and they nodded. I sighed and focused on relaxing. I could feel the snapping and growing of my bones and body and felt fit and flames take over.

When I opened my eyes my body transformed into a Six Tailed Fire Fox

"Holy crap" I hear Conner say "that is....." Gar Started "Wicked" Rachel finished making me laugh as I came closer "thank you. As you can see I tower over all of you. This is my true form. Like Megan who is a white Martian. I am a Fire fox. Rare as it is. Everyone on my planet as I've learned has a true form. But not often does it form. " I speak my voice smooth like silk and echos slightly. "That is really cool" Megan said and I gave a toothy smile "I gained mine through combat. I was diving to save one of the generals from being hit when I suddenly was engulfed in flames of orange and blue. Is transformed right there on the battle lines. And with that we drafted the Last of the Clironians. And won back our home" I speak and they seemed amazed. I transformed back to normal and Megan hugged me. While away I helped her accept her white Martin self and helped build her confidence she helped me gain mine when I became a princess.

As we all talked and laughed and shared stories I noticed Richard was awfully quiet. And I noticed him slip away. I excused myself and picked up my dress as I walked out. I followed the path I knew he'd taken. Which led right to the gym/training area. I leaned on the doorframe as I watched him hit the punching bag a few times
"Any harder and you'll kill it Richard" I state making. Hon jump in surprise. "You Princess shouldn't sneak up on people " he said back putting more emphasis on Princess. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him "you haven't said much since we all returned" I say softly. "Technically I haven't said much since You've returned " he states back "why? Have I upset you again?"I asked "No!! No. I just. I don't know what to say to you. I mean hearing about your time away kinda makes mine sound lame and boring " he admits making smile and chuckle "nothing you do could ever be boring to me" I state softly. A small smile appearing on my face as one forms on his. "How have you been Richard" I asked him for a moment he was silent "I've been good. Still a cop and all. But I'm good. Mine and Bruce's relationship has mended a bit. So things are okay"he said and I smiled. "He said he took on a new apprentice" I state. "Yeah. Jason Todd. Tim calls him Toad" he said maki me laugh. "Of course he does" I say.
We chatted for about an hour just the two of us before heading back to the others who didn't even realize we were gone

Things settled down and I showed my personal guard to his temporary room for the night. He was heading back home in the morning since my grandparents know I'm safe here I don't need him here with me.

Megan came to my room round 1am. In complete tears. She said she had talked to Conner and he said he didn't want to be with her anymore in anyway other than a friend and teammate. I felt so bad for her. She truly loves him. But a year apart broke them. Yeah broke her to lay in my bed with me and that we could watch movies till we fell asleep.
We had watched four before she dozed
Off. After turning everything off I fell into a blissful sleep. The first I've had for a while since the war.
I just pray I don't have the dreams again.
There war for my home was bloody. Brutal and scary. We lost a lot of good soldiers. Even though we won. We also lost. My grandfather lost his best friend Andral. My grandmother lost her handmaiden who was like a sister to her. We lost a lot. And our world is gonna take a long time before it's okay again.
But I am so glad to be on earth again. With friends and my dad.
I guess now I just have to wait to see what new adventures come my way...