•Part 14• The Orb Of Fangornia

Constance's POV

"Okay how exactly am I suppose to you know do this?" I asked as I paced in front of my team mates and Batman and Wonder Woman as they asked me to come back into the hero business. "I have been out of the gig for months now. How am I suppose to just come back!?" I asked "look it's easy. We have a few minor recon missions that we need handled since Richard is MIA and not responding" Wonder Woman said and I sighed "babe hey it's okay. I'll come with you as back up. It'll be okay" Hank said and I sighed "fine but one mission! I still need to re-train and figure out how to work with the teams now" I say "and you can do that. But first. The witch boy has been spotted at a new location. All we need is info. Do not I have unless 100% necessary " Batman said and I nodded "okay let's get this over with" I say and me and Hank suit up. And soon we were off.

We made it to the witch boys hideout. Some place in northern Russia. And man is it cold here!!! "Why did he have to pick Russia! I mean I have my fire to warm us but still!!" I whine "hey shush. There he is" Hank says as we look down through a skylight on top of this abandoned warehouse that we were at. "What is all that?" I asked looking at mega white crystals.

"Where did he get them from?" Hank asks and I take out my binoculars

"Where did he get them from?" Hank asks and I take out my binoculars. "They're digging them up! They're getting them from under ground Hank!" I say shocked. We take lots of pictures before climbing inside onto a lower rafter. "Look! They're bringing up more.!" He says as we see buckets full of them brought out
"HURTY UP!! I WONT THAT GREEN ORB NOW!" The witch boy says and the workers move faster. We manage to get lower and I get a fair amount of samples from some crystals "SIR!! We've found it!" A worker says and we get super close and see this weird green thing be brought to Klarion.

I hold back my shocked gasp and I look at Hank "it's green glowing and pulsing

I hold back my shocked gasp and I look at Hank "it's green glowing and pulsing. That can't be good!" He said "we have to get it from him Hank!" I say and he sighs "fine but we do it fast" he says. I shot a small flame
Towards some wires and they instantly go up. It distracts the witch boy and the orders long enough that Hank is able to grab the orb and we make it out in time to get back to the mini bio ship Megan gave us.
"Batman come in!" Hank says and we take off and I hold the orb "Batman. Go" he says "we have something. Something big. On our way back. Gather the team and any off world league members now!" I say and he says okay before hanging up on him. As I look at this orb. It feel familiar. Like I've seen it before. I move it and turn it to see if I can find anything on it. Sadly nothing. It was completely smooth and still green. Still glowing and still pulsing. "Wonder what it is" I say "not sure but maybe Batman may know. Or maybe some of the league members from other worlds" hanks says "do you think the Lanterns will know? They go to all sorts of worlds" I say "maybe I'll ask Batman to get one of them back on earth. " Hank says and send the message.
After sometime we finally get back to the bass. The landing was rough thanks to the wind. Which seemed to... I don't scare the orb. It suddenly turned blue while we landed. Then back to normal. All while I was holding it. We walked to the main transmission area and I took off my black leather jacket and wrapped the orb in it and set it down gently. It suddenly turned pink before turning back to green "whoa. That's a weird orb. Why did it change color?" Gar asked. "Not sure. It did that when we landed. But it went blue" I said "okay I'm gonna scan this" Dad said and we stepped back. He scanned the whole thing and it turned blue again. I suddenly got this scared feeling before I ran to it and grabbed it and cradled it "stop! Your scaring him!" I shout as o hold him.... wait him??? What the hell. I snap out of it before putting it down "oooookkaaayyy what just happened" I asked "you. What? What did you do!? What happened!?" Conner asked "unsure. But it seems to Tracy to things. To people. Like Constance" dad said "okay but why?" I asked looking at it before stepping away a bit. "Because! It's apart of who you are" a voice said and we turned to see the Green Lantern aka Hal landing "what do you mean? Because she touched?" Hank asked "yes and no. This orb belongs to her people. It's the Lost Fangornian Mystic Orb. It was lost after the war. And when your mother got banished. She must have taken it and hidden it on earth. This orb is what gives you your powers. And it also gives life to your planet" Hal said "okay great we found it now let's give back. " I state and the orb went red "oh hush you weird green orb" I state looking at it. It started pulsing even more and I rolled my eyes "nope you're going back. That's final." I state again to which it pulsed four times "so what!? Once they have you you'll be fine" I say now officially having a conversation with this thing. "Wait for real? Well how do I do that?" I asked as it started to glow a bright green and pulse. "Constance. Are you having a conversation with the orb?" Dad asked "wel sure. By the way his name Harold. " I state. "Harold? The glowing green magical orb has a name??" Hank asked "yes. He says he wasn't always a orb. He's my moms Brother. My uncle. " I say as the orb. Or well Harold glowed a soft white light. "Your grandparents never mentioned him" dad said coming closer to me. The orb went red. "Iiii think that's a sore spot for him. Or them. Not sure. But I can get him out of the orb. " I say "how? This orb has been like this for thousands of years. " Green Lantern said "Harold said all I have to do is focus my fire power on the orb. Once it's cracked he'll be able to open it from his side of the orb" I say "what if he's not who he says he is?" Dad says and it's a reasonable concern "should call them then? And ask?" I ask "I think we should. I don't want my daughter opening something that may be evil" dad says and I nodded sadly. I know he's right. And I'm not stupid. We should call them. "Okay. Call my.... grandparents then" I say and dad nods giving me a small side hug and making the call.
And a minute we got them on the line.
"Batman..... Constance. We heard your call. Is everything alright?" The king asked. "You tell us" I say and hold up the green orb. "You found him. How?" The queen asked "you know this? Who this is then?" Dad asked "indeed. That is Harold our son. Your mothers older brother. And a evil man. After his transition he went through a second one. It's unheard of in our people. But he went through it. It caused his physical body to vanish. Leaving only his soul. We were able to capture him before his soul passed on. We created the orb so that he wouldn't pass on. It was for his protection. We locked it away so that no one could harm him. Your mother was the only person besides us who knew where he was located. When we banished her to earth after she betrayed us she took him with her. We never knew if she actually his him on earth or on a another planet. W expulsion never detect his magic. " the queen said and I nodded "we found him here on earth" I state "in a underground crystal cave. A villain here on earth we think wanted to use him for some evil purpose. We were able to save him. " Hank says as he holds my hand. "I believe the Crystal cave may have interfered with any type of located that you may have used. From what we can gather the gave went very far into the earths ground. Surrounding the orb from every angle possible. " dad said "understandable. Our daughter was careful then to hide him and keep him safe for so long. This villain. Do you know his plans?" The king asked "no. We got in and got out. But whatever he planned is ruined now. We plan to give him back to you for safer keeping a. We can have the Green lantern Corp bring him to you" dad said they were silent for a bit. Probably thinking it over. "Alright. We accept. But only if Oir granddaughter and... son in-law come as well. We would like to show you our planets. And hopefully you can help us with a plan to defeat our enemy. " the king asked and I looked at dad "we won't if you don't want to. It's up to you. I don't want you to feel pressured" dad said and I hugged him. "We should go. It might be good for me... " I say and he nods "alright. We will come to you. We will leave in three days. It'll give us time to prepare" dad says and they agreed.
"You sure you wanna do this?" Hank asked and I smiled "no. But I think it'll be good for me to finally see where I come from. Or where a part of me comes from. " I say as he hugs me and kisses my cheek. "I'm gonna go relax" I say "okay. I gotta help train some of the hero's. I'll see you in a bit" he says and I kiss him before making my way to our room.
I left the door open as I lay my jacket on the bed and sit to take my shoes off. Just as I was working on taking everything off I hear a knock on the door and turn to see Richard there. My breath caught for a moment as I turned to him. "Hey" he says softly "hi... what are you doin. Here Richard?" I asked him "I uh. Heard about what happened to day. Wally told me. He said you and Bats were leaving...?" He said/asked "uh yeah. My mother's parents want the orb we found back. And they asked we bring it to them" I say not saying that they also want to show me my moms home planet. "How long will you be gone for this time?" He asked seeming a little bitter about it. "Stop it. You have no right to be mad at me for leaving!" I say to him throwing my mask onto my bed. "You never even called me! Instead you called Hank over me!" He said "so what!? If you didn't want me to leave then why did you agree to it!?" I asked him "because I thought you'd at least respond to me when I called! Or texted!" He yelled "WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NEEDING SPACE FROM HEROS! SO SORRY THAT YOURE BEING A BABY OVER ME NEEDING TO FIX MYSELF!" I yelled "YOU COUDL HAVE 'FIXED' YOURSELF HERR! WOTH US!! WITH ME!" He yelled stepping Closer to me "oh like how you fixed yourself with Dawn? Or Zantana or who ever else you fucked!?" I asked in a dangerous tone. Everything came out. All the anger and sadness. "What was I suppose to do!? Wait? I never knew if you were ever gonna come back!! It's not like you told anyone you were!" I said and I scoffed "so what!? ITS MY FAULT YOU SCREWED THEM?" I yelled at him "IF TOU HAD AT LEAST TOLD ME IF YOU EVER PALNNED ON COMING BACK MAYBE IT WOUDLNT HAVE HAPPENED!" Richard yelled back. This went on for an hour. Us yelling at each other. I finally had it and threw a lamp at him "UGH!!! GET OUT! YOU'RE SO INFURIATING!" I yell at him to which he scoffs and walks off. I huff and sit on the floor in front of my bed. I sighed as I looked at a old photo of me and the Titans at their HQ. "Just think that was taken before you left" I hear Hank say. "I seem to do that a lot. I just... leave" I say as he sits next to me. I rest my head on his shoulders "people do that. It's life. " he says but I disagree. "My mom got sick a couple months before I found out Bats was my dad. I left her. I left her when she needed me most. And when I came back it was the day before she died. She didn't hold it against me that I left. She said she understood. But I could see I hurt her. I left when she was sick. I left after only being here a week to go on a undercover mission for my dad. And then I left again and faked my kidnapping from Titans Tower. Then I went through a transition and then I left. And now... now I'm leaving. AGAIN to go to my mothers home planet....all I do is leave...." I say. "Maybe it's time you settled down. You don't have to go to return that orb. The lantern Corp can handle it. You can stay here" Hank says and I think about it. He's right. I don't technically have to go. It's an option it's a choice. It's not something that I have to do. I sigh as I cuddle up to Hank. Being with him the last couple weeks makes me want to stay. No matter what happens. "Do you think Dad will be mad I'm changing my mind?" I asked "nah. I think he'll be happy you've thought about it" Hank says as he lifts me up off the ground and onto our bed. I cuddle into him and sigh. "This is comfy. You're comfy" I say making him laugh "I gathered. Thanks..... what were you and Richard arguing about? Everyone could hear you guys yelling." Hank asked "oh just about the whole le waving this. Him and Dawn and all that. It just kinda boiled over. And then he uh... he said he loved me... that's when I told him to get out" I say softly as we lay in bed cuddling. I could feel Hank stiffen. "Do you... do you love him?" Hank asked. "As a friend yes. We did grow a bond to some degree. But as anything else no. Not anymore." I say and I feel him relax. "Can we just sleep. This whole orb thing has me stressed. And the. Richard has me stressed more" I say "alright. Let's sleep" Hank says.

After a few minutes I did fall asleep. Thankfully. But my mind kept wondering what that orb is really about. Maybe I should go to my moms planet. Maybe I'll get real answers. Maybe......