•Part 15• Talk and Talk some more

Constance's POV

You know... when you wakes up in the morning. They're usually greeted with peacefulness.
But when you live in a hero base with multiple people.... peace is not an option.
I woke up to find Hank was gone. Probably on his run. Well yeah I mean that is what I expected. But no. No that is not happening. Right now as I put on my black and red silk robe over my black silk night gown. I stepped out of my room and was met with intense yelling from multiple people. I walked to the common area (where the kitchen and living room is) and saw Hank on top of Richards they brawled and yelled. Megan and ar the Mia trying. To separate them all with my dad and Superman and the other members of Titans and YJ "HEY!!! KNOCK IT OFF!!! HANK! Get off of him now!" I yelled as I slammed my hands on the table burning it slightly "what the actual fuck is going on!?" I asked "go ahead Richard. Tell her what you did!" Hank said "Hank that's enough!" Dad said back "what happened?" I asked looking the three of them "Richard happened! He got mad that you were leaving to return the orb so he sent a message to your grandparents saying that the orb wasn't theirs and it was staying here" Rachel said as she stood next to me " what the hell richard!? Is this some sick plot to get me to stay!? I'm returning my uncle! My moms brother! My grandparents son to them!! Why would do that!?" I asked but he was silent. I walked over to him and slapped him "why!?" I asked again "BECAUSE I CANT LOSE YOU ANYMORE THAN I HAVE!"He yelled as he grabbed my arms and looked desperately at me before leaving. I was left stunned  and speechless. "Baby?" Hank asked and I turned to him "I'm uh. I'm gonna get dressed and go find him. " I say and give him a hug and a kiss before walking away and getting dressed.

 " I say and give him a hug and a kiss before walking away and getting dressed

I got dressed and ran out. I called Richard but he never picked up. So I told him to meet me at a dinner in Gotham called 'Screamers' it's a Alice cream and coffee shop. I sighed as I sat and got a coffee for both of us.

•two hours later•
I sighed as I checked my phone for the 100th time. Two hours I've been waiting. It's now 1pm. "You okay hun?" The waitress said "no... I don't think he's gonna show.." I say sadly as she grabbed my plate and coffee cups "I'm sorry hun. How bout I get you a slice of pie and some ice cream befor you head off? On the house!" She said really trying to help me cheer up "that actually sounds good. Thanks Sherri!" I say and she nods. "I grabbed my phone and start to text Hank saying that I was gonna have some pie before I came back but I stopped as I heard someone sit down across from me "you came" I say with shock "I just got your messages. I shut off my phone. Needed to think" Richard said as Sherri came back handing me my slice and one for Richard and I smiled as she winked at me. "I'm sorry. First of all. I'm sorry I acted like that. It was way out of line. I'm just... I'm scared. Yeah I was in favor of you leaving to fix yourself. But the. You can back. Talking. About what you went through. And how you and Hank got together. How you were talking with him. Everything. I thought that I had lost you for good. So I gave up. Fast. And I acted out and it hurt you. And I'm just sorry" he says in one breath. And. I sighed "it started off as a prank. Me and Hank. But it grew into more. We are officially together now. But it was a prank designed to hurt you like how you hurt us... I get that you're hurt I do. But I don't know how to fix that. To fix us so that we can move forward as friends... I miss the Richard taht I met. The one that cared and showed it. The kind one. The one that would hang out with me for no reason. I know things have changed over the last couple years. Hell over the months I was gone. But. It hurt. To hear you and Dawn hooked up. Then someone else then Zantana. And then everything just went to hell. It sucks. I wanna be friends again. " I say and after that we talked. We got every thing we were feeling out on the table. And it felt good.
There is a lot of work we need to do. But I think we maybe on the right track to doing that.

As I got back to the mountain I sighed heavily. I took of my jeans jacket and sat on the couch. "Ugh my head hurts" I mumble to no one. "Well I'd say so. You've been gone for a while" I hear dad say as I sit up and look at him. He was in a black long sleeve shirt blue jeans and black shoes "did you work it out?" He asked sitting next to me "I think so. But there's a lot we still need to do to record our friendship" I state sadly "I'm sure it'll work out. Your both stubborn as hell" he laughs "Jee wonder were we get that from dad" I say making him laugh more "I talked to your grandparents. The lanterns are gonna bring the orb to them. They understand that you need to stay here. Readjust and all that. They wish you luck and hope to visit soon" he says as I lay my head on his shoulder. "Well good. Cause I was not up for leaving again. "I say making us both chuckle. "So Hank told me you wanted to get an apartment" he says "I'm thinking about it. But I want one that's on like a top level so I can be high up and over look a city and that's modern but that I can paint if I want to" I say and he nods "well. There maybe a place available in my Wayne towers. Top floor penthouse and since I'm the owner. You can paint it however you like and it's free " he said making me smile "that would be awesome." I say back "but. I want you to stay here for a bit you've been away long enough. You need to rebuild your place with the team. With your friends before leaving them" he says and I sighed knowing he was right. I'm a hero. I have a job to do. And a team to work with. I agree to what dad said before biding him good night and going to bed with Hank.

I have a feeling though... it's gonna be a rough patch while I try to get back into the hero thing. But I know it what I have to do.
Not just for myself. But for the people I save. For my team. For my dad.
I often wonder though... why didn't I turn hood ages ago? For most of my life I've always been a villain with walls so high nothing could break them...
and now? Here I am. In Mount Justice. Laying in bed with Hank. I have amazing friends. A great team... and yet... I'm still wanting more... does that make me selfish? I want more than just this. But what else could that mean? I've been through a lot sure. And come back stronger than ever... I found out more about my mom. And her life. Her parents. I've found out more about me as a person...
but yet. These walls I have are slowly crumbling. And I'm left wanting more out of life than I really need...
Maybe once I start working out again. Working with my team. Maybe I'll feel like my old self.

At least... I hope so...