•Part 5• So The Story Goes

Constance's POV

I walked into Titans HQ after my encounter with my actual teammates from YJ. And the loons I got when I entered were not pleasant.
"Who the hell was that and why did they come here. How do you know them!?" Richard fired off "I will explain everything I promise. But you m if it wanna sit for this story..." I say. I came up with a pretty big lie that I would have to text the team about later. But for now it'll have to do.
" as you know my mother is practically a villain. She experimented on me and so forth. All of that you know. But I haven't told you the full story of why I was running. I wasn't just running from the man who attacked me the day you found me. I was... I was running from that team... so that. That they wouldn't get attacked when he came back for me. they're a team of hero's. Like you guys. They helped saved me after my mother experimented on me for the second time. Hense the compulsion powers. But it turns out, so the story goes anyways. That one of my moms assistants saw how painful the experiment was on me. And how it almost killed me. She made the call to that team so they could save me. They did. For a while I stayed with them. Well a couple weeks. Until... until that man found me. They were fighting him off. While I... I packed and ran like a coward... I didn't leave any notes. Anything that could be used to find me. So how they did do that I'm not sure of. But they're smart. So I'm sure it wasn't hard. When you found me being attacked. That man was the same one from my previous attacking. Which means it won't be long before he does come back for me. Which means I need to leave again. I can't put another team at risk over my safety. I can't do that again. " I lie to them. I could see they all bought the story. Especially Richard. "Well unfortunately for you. You're not leaving. We are gonna protect you. No matter what"Richard said as he stood up and came over to me. He sat down and held my hands "you have nothing to fear. We are here to protect you and your research. Your mother or this man won't get to you again... I promise" he said and I start to tear up. Not because of his kind words. But the fact that I'm lyi mg to them all. When Batman calls me back. Why will happen then? How could I leave? It's getting to be to much... and here I am. A supposed deadly villain. Who's meant to feel nothing for anyone or thing. Feeling guilt for lying to these people who wanna help a fake girl with a fake story. I've even lied to my actual team. To the members of You g Justice bout who I am. What I am. I've lied to my dad. To Bruce freaking Wayne bout how I'm not a hero. But a villain in disguise.
I broke down completely inEichards arms. The first time I've cried since I was a kid. Since my moms death...
"Amber. Hey it's okay" Rachel said as she hugged me to. I felt Gar Dawn and Hank all join in which just made me cry more. These people are so kind. I was alway taught that hero's are selfish and that they just wanna control people. But that's not true. My mom was wrong. They just wanna help. They wanna help me... a liar. A fraud. A deceiver.

After a few minutes I finally calmed myself down and excused myself to my room. And locked my door. I walked into the bathroom and fixed myself up. Fixing the red wig I wore. And the now messy clothes. After replying the wig and washing up. I decided it wa sheet to just go to sleep. Its been a long day...

•The Next Day•