lance stroll

warnings: based on his crash in the Bahrain Grand Prix,, you're his racing engineer so you talk to him on the radio

word count: 711

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

lance headed around the Bahrain track fighting for his position, not wanting to get further behind on the grid. as daniil began his move on lance, he turned in, bumping into daniil. his car spun before flipping upside down, a sudden fear shock through your body. after what had happened with romain, the safety of your driver and boyfriend was your priority over anything.
"are you okay lance?" you hoped and prayed he'd be okay to answer you back.
"yeah I'm ok." you watched on your screen as lance struggled to get out from under the car but as he walked away, there were no signs of injuries thankfully.

by the time he had gone to the medical center to get a check up and had gotten back to the pits, he was exhausted. the heat from the day in Bahrain and the temperature in the pits enough to give him a long headache. his shoulders were slouched as he made his way to his own room, away from everyone asking him the same questions after every dnf, "are you okay?"

sighing you removed your earmuffs, knowing that you at least had to try to cheer him up. the other racing point engineers eyed at you, wishing you a good luck because they knew how frustrated lance could get. i halted my actions before raising my knuckles to knock on the door. "i don't want to talk right now." lance mumbled.

"baby it's me. can i come in please?" you said hesitantly, trying to say the right words without making him more frustrated. after hearing some shuffling, the lock to the door clicked before lance opened it slightly, his shadow moving away from the door. y/n nudged her way past the door, her eyes landing on his slouched form. his hands were covering his face as his elbows were resting on his knees. his hair slightly soaked from the intensity of the heat on track.

you fighting the urge to ask him what was wrong, knowing how annoying it must be to have to here that all the time, so you obliged to the thought; only stepping forward to give him comfort in your arms. he sunk his head on your chest, inhaling your scent that had always managed to always calm him down. gently running your hands through his hair, your
other hand rubbed random patterns on his back.

although he felt calm in your arms, he couldn't help himself think of the crash and the several other dnfs this season. saying he was frustrated was an understatement. the pressure and harsh words had built up inside of him, and he was on his last strand. the thoughts of him being a failure and not deserving to be in the sport had filled his head. he had had enough.

letting out a shaky breathe, the tears filling the banks of his eyes finally fell. he silently trembled in your arms, y/n's grip on him tightened as she whispered sweet nothings to him; knowing that she'd just have let him cry it out before talking some sense into him.

his arms unwrapped themselves around y/n's waist as he wiped his tears with the backs of his hand. carefully cupping his cheeks into her hands, y/n used the pads of her thumbs to wipe the tears away as she gave him a reassuring smile, he returned the smile.
"i love you, you know." y/n claimed to him, his smile grew slightly as it met his eye.
"i know. i love you too." he responded immediately, y/n never failed to reassure him that she loved him through thick and thin.
"I'm so proud of you, so proud." she smiled as she continued to give him the reassurance he needed.

they sat in a comfortable silence, enjoying the warmth that they provided for each other. their jobs had required them to meet many people worldwide, yet they've never met anyone that had brought them so much comfort and safety. they were made for each other. they were inseparable. they were soulmates.