george russell

warnings: based off of George replacing Lewis ahead of the Sakhir Grand Prix,, super short sorry

word count: 301

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

George paced around the room as he waited for the phone call that would change his whole f1 career. unfortunately, Lewis had caught covid-19, therefore he had follow f1 protocols by going into quarantine. this left one seat left at mercedes, and fans were going wild as they predicted who would get the opportunity to have the seat that was desired by everyone.

not only were the fans excited but so was George.    y/n sat in their hotel room staring at george's self panic. she had attempted to calm his nerves down but to no avail. he had told her, "I'm not sitting down until i get that call y/n." obviously she'd tried to offer him the gluck gluck 3000 but even that didn't phase him like it normally would. she'd given up completely, but watching him in such a state was slightly entertaining.

half way across the room the phone rang. the both of them glanced at each other before george glided across the room with his abnormally long legs. "hello? hey toto how are you? I'm good thank you. I got the seat, really? thank you so much toto i won't let you down i promise. yes see you in Bahrain." and with that George hung up the phone.

he beamed with joy, giggling to himself before catching the stare of his girlfriend. "I GOT THE JOB Y/N." he screamed as he enveloped his hands in hers, encouraging her to jump up and down with him.
"I HEARD YOU BABE IM SO PROUD OF YOU." she responded with the same amount of energy.

they truly were on top of the world, and they were on it together.