george russell

warnings: i feel like I'm making the characters comfort each other after the race too much so here's some stuff that they do unrelated to f1,, btw merry christmas/merry Christmas Eve everyone i love you and have an amazing day, take care of yourselves:))

word count: 858

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

"hurry up babe." y/n nagged, it was christmas time and she was dying to go for a nice skate outside. they decided to go on a trip to the alps before the next season of formula one started. George was in dire need of a vacation and she could tell by the amount of stress that he went through day to day during the season. now that it was off season, they had all the time in the world to relax stress free.
"yeah I'll be there wait for me outside." george called from the bedroom of their cabin.

y/n being a little too impatient walked out of the door, being welcomed in the arms of the cold air surrounding the cabin. she grabbed two pairs of skates for the both of them before sitting on the foot of the lodge, playing with the snow in front of her. "alright, let's go." george's voice boomed once he got outside. y/n handed him his skates before they grossed hand in hand in the snow.

once reaching the frozen lake, they began putting on their skates. y/n knew how to skate pretty well but george on the other hand struggled a lot. one of their very first dates was at an ice rink, and let's say george never brought y/n there ever again in fear that he'd embarrass himself more than he did before.

y/n made her way on the ice first, missing the feeling of the cold air running through her air as she glided across the ice. being focused on the feeling of the ice, she heard a random click of a camera. turning her head abruptly to George, she saw that his phone camera was pointed towards her. she posed once for the camera before continuing her skating.

she slowed down to urge george onto the ice but saw that he was on his phone. suddenly he lifted the phone so it was facing her, "pose love." he encouraged but y/n just skated as fast as she could towards him and tackled him backwards into the snow. the quiet snowy forest was filled with their laughter, along with george screaming about how cold the snow was.

getting him back on his feet was a struggle but y/n managed to do it. but what she didn't realize just how many times she'd have to get him back on his feet. the longest he lasted on his feet was about four seconds before he went tumbling down again. sometimes he'd even cling onto y/n in hopes that she'd keep him standing up right but it only made her fall with him.

by the time the sun started to set along the snowy mountains, they had yet to properly get on the ice without falling. all thanks to george's lack of ice skating skills.

"come on georgie get up." y/n encouraged.
"no we're just gonna fall again." George said as his butt was buried in the snow and his lips pouted like a baby.
"im not gonna stop bothering you until you get up." she rationalized, with a huff he got up, taking her hand in his as she slowly made his way onto the ice.
"babe you're doing it!" y/n cheered as he started to find his balance on the ice.

they spent a little bit more time skating around but grew tired after a while. they stared at the view of the stars that lit up the night sky, y/n sighed, grateful that she finally got some time alone with the love of her life standing by her side.

before she had the time to say something, she didn't see him standing upright but he was down on one knee.

george cleared his throat before speaking, "every moment that i spend with you seems to go by too fast, and sometimes I've been afraid that those moments weren't going to be forever. so will you,    y/n, promise me forever and marry me?" her eyes glossed up, they'd been together for what felt like a lifetime but to finally seal the deal and ensure that they'd spend the rest of their lives forever had her beaming from ear to ear.

"oh my gosh yes." she tackled george onto the ice again, crying tears of joy that they would finally seal the deal and be with each other for the rest of their lives.

george slid the ring on y/n's finger as she admired it with glee. he embraced her and kissed her head, whispering how he was going to be so excited to see the love of his life in a wedding dress, walking down that aisle.

and there was no one y/n wanted to spend the rest of her life with than george.