alex albon

warnings: based on alex's second podium of his f1 career in Bahrain,, but with an angsty twist bc i felt like it

word count: 533

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

"that's p3 Alex p3." the voice of Christian Horner sounded across the pits of Redbull. it had been a while since a two Redbull's were on the podium together in Bahrain.
"thank you so much guys." alex's voice sounded over the cheers of engineers on both sides of the pits.

after a rough season, trying to prove to everyone that he belonged in f1, he had started to shine through the immense amount of toxicity that had surrounded him. y/n smiled under her mask, happy that all of his hard work had paid off as he stepped onto the podium for the second time this season. all of the tears, the anger and the frustration had finally gone to good.

alex came back into his room with a smile of disbelief. he felt euphoric, but there was a voice in his head that told him that one podium wasn't going to be enough to keep a seat at redbull. he'd managed to control his thoughts before locking eyes with y/n, knowing that she could read him like a book. she had waited impatiently to congratulate Alex on his second podium, and although she was met with a smiling Alex, something about his posture and the way his shoulders stooped gave him away. her smile turned into a frown as she stepped forward to run her eyes over his face.

under her intimidating gaze, alex felt his confidence deteriorate. y/n had realized the severity of his situation with redbull but she had yet to notice how much it really affected him. his smile never reached his eyes anymore, he lost the spark of joy in his eyes, he lost interest in everything he once was obsessed with. and suddenly the realization came crashing down.

she stepped back, flabbergasted. how had she not noticed. was he that good at hiding it? had you not paid enough attention to him? or maybe he didn't feel comfortable enough to talk to her about these things anymore.

the both of them crumbled under each other's presence. they had vowed to never let anything from your careers affect the relationship that they had between each other, but here they were.

no words were exchanged. just looks of confusion and desperation. she wanted answers but struggled to find the right words to ask. he wanted reassurance but struggled to accept the fact that he needed it.

time had finally caught up with them two. yet they were both on two different pages. taking one last glance at him, she realized how little chemistry they had with each other. the couple that was once inseparable now wanted nothing more than to get away from each other.

they were soulmates, but were you meant to be?

the endless questions running through both of their heads were never answered as she walked away. away from it all.

maybe she was doing him a favor? maybe she could bring any additional toxicity on her way out? it was the least she could do. right?