charles leclerc

warnings: swearing and the last lap in the turkish Grand Prix, dare i say more. just you cheering charles up after he thought he did bad

word count: 843

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

"p4, p4 charles good job. nice drive." his racing engineer let him know at the end of the turkish Grand Prix.
"fuck, I'm sorry guys. I'm so fucking stupid, as much as in Baku." charles exclaimed through the radio, not happy with his risky move towards the end of the race that backfired on him. sending him from a possible p2 to p4.

y/n knew that once he got back to the pits, he would be angry with himself, not wanting to speak to anyone because he thought he'd let them down. she knew charles would be happy for seb after a rough season but he was extremely disappointed with himself either way.

parking his car at parc fermé, he got out of the car with haste. cameras followed him to the pit but he was having none of it, pushing through the small crowd of cameramen.

he needed space. he needed time to clear his head until he called for her. she had gotten used to him being harsh on himself, but didn't make her feel at ease as her boyfriend couldn't see himself the way she saw him.

after ten minutes, the door of charles's driver's room opened slightly before a gentle voice called out your name. you slipped through the crack and immediately comforted charles. this hadn't the worst finish for charles, of course it wasn't, but he was mad at himself for taking a risk that didn't pay off.

he soaked in her embrace. for a moment he was relaxed, not thinking about his stupid mistake. y/n pulled away to look into his eyes. he would never have to verbally open up about what was on his mind because she knew him like back of her hand.

"I'm so proud of you. you did so well love." you reassured, not knowing if talking about the race was a bit too soon.
"thank you." he looked exhausted so she didn't push it any further.

after he had finished with press and interviews, they were finally ready to go back to the hotel.

he fell to the bed, drowning in the softness of the pillows and blanket. she witnessed the state he was in, approaching him to nurture him with her comfort. usually he'd respond to her hand on his cheek by leaning into the warmth of her hand, but today was different.

not knowing what to do, she decided to run a bath, something that he'd always do whenever he sensed that she had a stressful day at work. in the bath, he'd cuddle her while washing her scalp. it always made her relax.

once she was sure the bath was warm enough for the both of them to enjoy. she headed back to the bed, seeing charles laying in the exact same position. crawling into the center of the bed, she shook his shoulders gently. "charles, baby, wake up." he replied back groggily but got up none the less. her soft hands led him to the bath.

y/n peeled each layer of clothing before leading him into the bath. she repeated the same process with herself before getting into the tub behind him. she sat in the bath so charles would be in between her legs, his back to her chest.

her hands started massaging his shoulders, releasing any knots that formed during the race before moving up to his neck. once she believed she had spent enough time massaging the tense muscles there, she decided to wash his hair for him.

pouring shampoo onto her hand, y/n started rubbing the cleaning liquid onto his scalp. her nails scratched his head, he hummed before sinking into the soft flesh of her chest.

grabbing the loofa, she scrubbed the rest of his body. putting on his pajamas which just consisted of a pair of boxers and brought him to bed. she tucked him in and walked away to get herself washed up but was stopped by a gently grip on her forearm. she turned around to look at charles, he had a small grin plastered on his knackered face. "thank you. je t'aime tellement (i love you so much)."
"i love you too." she kissed his forehead before witnessing him slip into sleep.

after finishing up in the bathroom, she turned off the light before finally snuggling her boyfriend in bed. she pulled him to her chest, feeling his arms wrap around her waist as his head laid on her chest. there was a slight patch of wetness on her, charles's, shirt but it was something she was used to, dating a big baby after all.

before she fell asleep, she felt a light peck on her chest. even when he was asleep, he was still equally as loving to her.

they never failed to remind each other how much love there was between them.