lando norris

warnings: based off of the whole weekend of the Sakhir Grand Prix. you're a formula one driver (pretend max doesn't exist and that max's redbull seat is yours,, basically max's results are yours), bit of swearing too. oh and you're lowk a saddo sorry love:)
l/n = last name

word count: 2111

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

lando's car maneuvered into the pits as his mechanics moved it into its designated garage. he got out of the car, apologizing to his team for his poor performance.

he couldn't be bothered to watch carlos in q3, only wanting to have some time to cool down. "fuck." he yelled, even though there was so much going on, everyone in the mclaren pits could hear the frustration laced in his voice.

after about five minutes, lando stepped out of his room to watch the rest of q3, wanting to support his spaniard teammate. his eyes were locked on the screen as his racing engineer went through all the data as well as watching carlos's hot laps.

he tried to focus on carlos but he caught himself watching the only female driver in the line up.

y/n l/n was a familiar name in the formula one community. everyone knew her for her immense pace as well her competitiveness on track. not only did people know her for her incredible performances on track but people knew her for her kindness and vibe off track. she spread positivity everywhere she went. her politeness attracted several men to her. it made lando mad. they weren't together nor were they talking romantically, but he felt a sense of possessiveness when he was around her.

their first interaction was in Australia 2019, it was his first race in f1 and he wanted to make it clear that he was a fierce competitor in f1, that he wasn't just some mini joker. he was extremely disappointed in himself when he came 12th, feeling that he could've done so much more with the car. the first person to comfort him was y/n, to be fair he didn't know she even knew he existed so was immensely surprised to see her rush to comfort him.

he later grew fond to her kindness because she always put everyone over herself. it didn't matter if she qualified on pole or won a race, she was always there to comfort the other drivers.

it was now his second year in the sport and he hadn't made a move on her. he had tried. well carlos tried to make him. he never ended up asking her out. he didn't think he was worthy enough.

lando was upset, yes. he was upset. quali wasn't how he wanted it to be, but he knew that once y/n was out of her car, she'd be looking to comfort him like she always did. to lando, y/n always seemed to know what to say and do to make him happy.

was he in love? maybe. he didn't know what love was, but whatever he felt towards her he liked the feeling a lot.

"hey b." she came up from towards him, wrapping an arm around his waist as she too looked at the screen he had been dozing off to.
"hey." he replied trying to keep his cool as you brought your other arm to wrap around his waist, pulling him into one of your infamous hugs.
"how have you been love? feels like i haven't checked up on you in a while." she offered a smile, with the mask he didn't have the opportunity to see those gorgeous pearly whites of hers, but the wrinkling of her eyes was enough for him to see that y/n was indeed happy to see him.
"I've been okay, maybe except for this shitty quali." he laughed. he always did that, y/n always noticed, whenever he talked about his feelings he'd get nervous and laugh to try to diffuse the tension that he thought was there, but to y/n it felt easy to talk to him. "you did good you know." she offered a smaller smile, testing the waters. he blushed under her playful gaze.
"thank you y/n. look at you though. ok miss top 3." he teased back at her, he'd been good at that recently. lando found more and more courage to open up to you and be the annoying person that he truly was. he glanced back at the screen of data, not noticing how her slight laugh had faltered and that beautiful smile of hers didn't make her eyes wrinkle the way it usually would. y/n realized that she was the odd one out as she was the only redbull in an ocean full of orange. she whispered a quick goodbye before escorting herself out, not feeling like she belonged in there for much longer.