daniel ricciardo

warnings: stuff omg,, set during quarantine

word count: 435

  *・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

the australian breeze flowed passed through the opened window, the slight chill awakening y/n from her slumber. falling back to sleep, the same interruption of the wind awakened her once more. she huffed in frustration before getting out of bed to close the window.

as she reached closer to the balcony of her and her fiancé's shared cottage in australia, she saw a figure leaning against the railing. smiling slightly, her mood changed once she saw the shadow of the love of her life.

tiptoeing outside, y/n wrapped her arms around her soon to be husband's waist, enveloping herself into his warmth. daniel turned around with a mug of coffee in his hand before grasping her chin to tilt her head up, leaning in softly to give her a kiss.

y/n hummed in satisfaction, closing her eyes at the happiness that filled her. with lockdown, she got to have daniel all to herself which hadn't been possible because of his busy and demanding schedule. it seemed selfish but at that moment she didn't care, only choosing to cherish the alone time that they were given.

daniel's eyes scanned her body as she was lost in thought, the only thing covering her body was his shirt that was far too big for her; which she insisted on wearing because it felt like he was giving her a hug. thought he protested that he'd always be there to give her a hug, and some underwear.

y/n still being distracted by her thoughts, he decided to settle his mug down before throwing her over his shoulder. she resisted as he wheezed in laughter.

by the time he had put her down, they were in the kitchen. "alexa, play can't help falling in love." daniel called out to the A.I. once it started playing the song, he offered his hand to y/n, "may i have this dance?" he bowed down.
giggling at his childish antics y/n replies, "you may." an arm wrapped around her waist before pulling her closely to him so their bodies pressed together. their hands held each other's as they slowly danced across the tiled floor of their kitchen. staring lovingly into each other's eyes.

although the song had ended, they hadn't stopped swaying around. daniel's head rested on hers and her cheek was flushed against his toned chest. "once this is all over, we'll have our first dance as husband and wife to that song." daniel declares, clearing the quiet air.
"i wouldn't want it any other way."