Safe

Jungkook's POV

She was covered in dark bruises,red lines of..god knows what,whips maybe?Knife marks here and there,no gun holes?

I was taking time to look at her body and how she was whilst she was asleep.Obviously my mom changed her,she was too tired and weak to do it herself.We were going to take her to the hospital but she refused to go anywhere but home.

So now she's asleep,I should be too but I can't keep my eyes off her.I broke my promise again.I let her get hurt.It was a stupid mistake that happened years ago and resulted in her getting half beat to death.

My poor Jade..she's gone through so much...

That should've been me in there but no,it was her.That's stupid.She had nothing to do with it so why was she the one to get hurt?Somethings not adding up and it feels wrong..

"Jungkook,you need to sleep"

I turn around from the chair Jade has infront of her computer and see my mom"I um-yeah I'll go sleep in a few minutes"I'm scared to look away for a second,I'm scared for her to disappear like that and get hurt again.I physically can't leave her alone and when she's in this state it doesn't make it any easier.

Why can't people just leave her alone?What did she ever do to anyone?She didn't do anything,exactly.She's nice to everyone,I don't understand how people can hate someone enough to do something like that.But at this point it's my fault both of them happened.I can't-

"Mm.."Shit!

I race from the chair to the bed to make sure she doesn't roll onto her arm,if she does it'll hurt from the cuts and bruises,then she'll wake up.She needs as much sleep as she can get.

She might have to miss school for a few months,she's emotionally,mentally and physically hurt,she won't last anywhere but home for a good two months.She might need therapy..

What's gonna happen to her now?What are we supposed to do?What am I supposed to do?I know she doesn't want me to be 'super protective' over her,but I do it for a reason.And at this point I don't think she's going anywhere alone.

This isn't even for safety reasons,this is for my own comfort,I need her to be safe and if I feel like she isn't safe I'm going to do something about it.Even if that means I stay awake all night to make sure she doesn't get hurt in her sleep I'll do it.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

J:Can I help?

M:Jade I didn't notice you were awake yet,have something to eat

J:Okie dokie-but can I help cook?

M:Of course,just choose something to do,anything will help

J:OouhHh

M:I'm going to go wake Jungkook up,be careful

J:I know

. . .

AAAAAAHHH!!!

Jk:JADE!

M:Jadeline?!Are y-

J:I-Im okay,I just cut my finger,it's okay..

Jk:How did you manage to cut your finger?

J:Well I was-and then..um..

M:Were you cutting the onions?

J:Mhm

Jk:..well if you're okay did you scream because it hurts?

J:It doesn't hurt it just..there's blood..

M:Darling blood is completely normal,you'd know that by now