The House Back In 1943

"Father! Father!" I run to father's study and swiftly open the door. I have such good news to tell him. I have been accepted into the most prestigious  Finishing School for Girls. It is a great honor! My delight is short lived however because as soon as I open the doors to father's study, I find a large pool of blood and my beloved father dead at his desk. 

I stifle a scream of fright and back out of the entryway and nearly knock down one of the many slave-hands on duty. "I-I'm sorry." My voice is barely a whisper as I look up from the ground and into the individual's eyes. Then I back away with haste. I've never seen this person before and father would've told me if he hired anyone new. We tell each other everything. 

"It's just fine ma'am." He inclines his head respectfully in my direction. Does he not see the look of pure terror in my eyes? Does he know who I am? I can't help but ask, "A-are you new? Father never told me he hired anyone else." His eyes turn a darker shade of blue at my question and he studies me closely. 

I watch as he takes a few steps closer and then my eyes catch the glimmer off of something shining in his left hand. It's a long slender blade. He follows my gaze and then looks back into my eyes. His smile is menacing as he takes several steps closer to me. 

I end up bumping into the desk where my father's dead body lays. He tilts his head and I can hear him trying not to laugh. "I really wish you hadn't seen that Willow." His voice is rough and doesn't match with the way it sounded a few moments ago. 

He takes a final step toward me and I can no longer stop myself from screaming. His face contorted into something from a nightmare and he lunges toward me. Then everything goes dark for a very long time, and I'm still not sure if I'm dead yet.