Hidden

Date: This seventieth of August in the year of our lord forty third and nineteen 

My dearest Melody, 

I know where the secrets you seek might be. I've seen things you wish you could see. I know what you're thinking. You hate it here. You're needed here. This was where we were killed. So many years ago. I need your help. We need your help. Please.

~Willow

"Um Mom!" This is weird dude. I just found this old letter from back in 1943 and it's written to me. How is that possible? What does is mean by secrets? What's this about a murder? In this house!? "Mom!" I scream louder this time and finally she comes rushing into my room. I'm still clutching the yellowed paper. "What is that Mel?" She gives me a strange look and takes it from my outstretched hand. I watch as she glances over the words written in perfect old script. Then she looks over at me with a mixture of worry and confusion in her eyes. "What is this? Where did you find it?" I point to the old desk in the corner of my room. My mother swiftly goes to desk and opens it. Inside are yellowed pages of paper, an old ink well and an old fashioned pen. 

She takes another look at me and then walks swiftly out of the room. I'm struck standing there in a daze of confusion. What just happened?