Don't Hate The Player

"Chase!" The boy that's been sitting next to me in third period nearly jumps out of his skin. He fell asleep again in class. It's almost routine now for him to get called out. "Uh um yeah. I-I'm up." He stutters and quickly straightens up in his seat. I stifle a laugh with fake coughing and catch a sideways glare. His eyes are dark blue. I could be wrong but they look darker than yesterday. I thought he had light blue eyes. Wait. Why do I care what color blue his eyes are? He's a jerk. What's wrong with me? I shake my head in a futile attempt to clear it and turn to focus on whatever it is we're being lectured about. It's almost winter break and honestly that's all I'm really looking forward to.

Except from the corner of my eye I still see him watching me. Thing is, he's not even trying to hide it. Which is odd. He's never taken an interest in me before. Aside from the few words we spoke in the beginning of the school year, we don't talk to one another. Honestly, he's starting to freak me out just a little bit. 

Just when I think about telling him to focus on the lecture the bell rings, signaling the end of class. I look down to start gathering my belongings when someone slides a note onto my desk. I look up to see who it was but whoever it is already made their exit out the door. I sigh and stuff it into my books. I'll throw it away later.