Love And War

Flashback to 1943:

"Samuel, I've told you several times! No! My daughter is my responsibility. She will marry who I say she must. She will not be seen with some slave hand. Some low life! Do you understand me? Now get out!" Willow's father slams his hand on the desk in his study with rage. He doesn't care if his daughter claims to be in love with the man he hired to help around his house. She is his daughter. It's 1943 and she will do as he says. Granted there might be a war going on and times might be changing, but she is still his daughter and this is still his home. His word is law. 

At least as far as he knows. What he doesn't know is that Willow is expecting child. She is expecting Samuel's child. It was an unexpected surprise for both of them but unfortunately it will be short lived. 

Sooner rather than later, the man who is the father to the woman he loves, is laying in a pool of his own blood and there's a shiny bloody knife in his left hand. 

Samuel doesn't remember moving. He doesn't even remember committing the crime; because it wasn't really Samuel that did it. It was the creature lying dormant inside of his mind. The creature that's now awake and slowly taking control of everything he's ever known. The horror that will eventually become him as he forgets who he is and who he can trust. 

All's fair in love and war.