Glad It's Over

It's been a few days since I buried the board in the cemetery. Chase is alive. Him and I have actually developed kind of an understanding. He leaves me alone and I do the same. It turns out the creature was lying about my dad being dead. We found him locked down in the basement. I didn't even know we had a basement. My brother and my mother are both actually gone though. As much as it breaks my heart I know that they're in a better place. School is almost over with too. Of course, getting nearly murdered by a violent demon made it hard to study. So I have a lot of catching up to do. Oh and dad promised that we could move back into the city. 

Honestly, I don't know if I really want to leave now. Ever since the fight with that demon the house has almost felt at peace. I don't see Willow's spirit walking around anymore and it doesn't feel like there's eyes watching my every move anymore. 

I'm just happy it's over. I lost a lot that I didn't even know I had. If only I learned to appreciate somethings before they were taken away from me.

"So where to now kiddo?" I smile softly at the nickname my dad used to call me when I was a kid. It feels like a long time ago now. "Let's just do that thing where we hit the road and go wherever it takes us." He smiles back at me as we pull out of the driveway. 

Hopefully I never have to see this place again. 

Then something catches my attention in the rear view mirror, it's that guy again. What was his name? Samuel? He's standing in the middle of the driveway and I watch as he raises his hand in a wave. I can't help the smile that grows bigger on my face. They are at peace now. 

Yet, why do I get the feeling we forgot to do something...