1 {Winter}

****This is an unedited 1st draft

****This is an unedited 1st draft. Final book is published as ebook & paperback on Amazon. Book 2 is on Amazon*****

**The first few chapters include scenes with characters from a connecting series, and then the story is all Stefano & Mark**

Note: Characters are in their 30's. Story contains cursing and on-page sexual scenes. Returning to Wattpad for the 5-year anniversary of Incidental Fate ❤️

~~~~~~

This was insane. Four months since I met him, two months since I kissed him, one week since I texted him, and now here I was, showing up without a clue what to do next. I stepped out the airport doors, blinded by the blue sky and bright sun, immediately shrugging my jacket off to escape the sweltering December heat while inhaling that salty ocean air. California. I slid my shades on, threw my bag over my shoulder, and started for the sick fucking sports car revving in the pick-up lane—almost as obnoxious as my little brother driving it.

"Thanks for picking me up, Fratellino!" I yelled through the open window before yanking the door and dropping into the seat, barely a foot off the ground.

Gav's foot hit the gas, tires squealed, sending us flying. He zipped onto the street like a madman, making me do a double-take, verifying it was Gav and not Luca next to me. It was a good thing I was the middle fratello, keeping some fucking sanity between those two.

"Thanks for flying out to see us!" he shouted over the roar of the car's engine.

Yeah. I felt bad making him think I wanted to come out to spend New Year's with them. I did, but it wasn't why I was here. I was here for Mark. I'd spent the last few months consumed with our kiss and consumed with forgetting our kiss. That all changed last week when Luca dropped to the floor, seconds from death. When I stood at his side in the hospital, my life flashed before my eyes, and while my thoughts should have been with my family, they weren't. All I could think about were my regrets—with Mark. That if I died tomorrow, I wouldn't get to kiss him a second time, I'd never get to see his eyes again or hear his laugh. That if death came knocking at my door, my last regret would be not being here, with him.

I looked at Gav, daring my mouth to open. I came here to see Mark. You don't know this, but I met him at your wedding four months ago, and I've thought about him every fucking second since. I could only imagine his reaction, veering the car into oncoming traffic, having a heart attack himself, or laughing, assuming I was telling a bad fucking joke.

"Happy to be here!" I finally responded.

"Haven't partied with you on New Year's in forever!" he said, lead foot glued to the gas, weaving up the San Diego interstate, sending my hands clutching the belt.

"You're a shit driver! Worse than the cabbies at home."

He laughed, rolling his smug face my way. "Who do you think taught me how to drive?"