23. A silent cliff

Looking forward to see Professor Snape standing behind his large desk.
I remember why.
The only person I wanted to prof myself to, was him. My Idole, the one I looked up to.

And now I'm nothing. No loved ones, no plan for the future. No purpose to live.
Everybody despites me anyways. I have no place in this world.

After class I'm just gonna....
"Have you even heard what I asked you miss y/n?" Snapes annoyed voice asked tapping his finger on ym desk.
I frightened by the way he pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Ehm I have the essay about Sneezewort that was due today Professor?"
I said blushing from all the attention drawn to me.
Snapes mouth tighten. He probably thought ge caught me off guard, wich he kinda did.

I handed the essay Professor Snape. He skipped over it, gave me a side eye and walked away.
The last few days were horror but I still tried to do all my school assignments.

I was relieved he didn't make any comments about it. For the rest of the period I just picked on my hand. I've damaged them quite a lot lately.
At one point they were bleeding so badly I had to bandage basically my whole arm.

Luckily nobody noticed it yet.
And the class came finally to an end.

The musty dark classroom started to make me sick, I wanted to go outside.
I grabbed my stuff and walked straight to the exit.

Feeling a deep gaze on my back I left.
The next period was free.
'I should really get some fresh Air to calm my nerves down'

Today was a really rainy day fog embraced the whole schoolground.
A quick gaze on my pockets watch revealed I still had plenty of time to wander around.
So I decided to go to my favorite place on hogwarts.

It was a cliff, so deep and eerie that the school didn't even put an warning to not go there. Because no sane person would ever get near this place.
The cold breeze felt like heaven on my sticky, rosy skin.
(Look at the picture above)

I sat down right over the edge with a beautiful view of the black sea.
Everybody was so quiet I could hear my own heart beat so clearly.
My breath showed itself with with fog in the air.

All the anxiety and stress slowly unburdend.
But my peace wasn't for eternity.
Heavy footsteps draw closer and closer.
But I didn't react to them. Ignoring it seemed like the best option I had.

"Could you please get away from that edge Miss y/n?" a obviously nervous Snape asked.
I leaned back and my crouching position went into laying flat on the ground.

I looked up to the man.
"How did you know I was here Professor?"
Snape rolled annoyed his eyes by the way I  dismissed his request.
"You're the only Student foolish enough to come here" he snarled and crossed his arms.

"Yeah probably" I chuckled.
"It's getting cold anyways"
I got up, wiped some Gras from my pants and situated myself beside the teacher.

I bit my lip and asked quietly
"Are you gonna report this to Dumbledore Sir?" The past days were already hell I didn't need detention added to that.

Snape masaged his Tempels and started to walk in the opposite direction.
"A punishment won't prevent you from coming here again right?" he speculated.
I shyly shook my head.

His steps got faster and I had trouble keeping up with him.
"What draws you to this place anyways? It's dirty, windy and dangerous!" Snape looked at his black boots that had now more brown on them.

"It's quite here"
Snape looked at me confused.
"Nobody is talking. Everything is so annoyingly loud and pretentious in Hogwarts"
The man raised his eyebrows silently agreeing with my words.

'Now is the best time to ask the stupidest question I will ever ask in my life'
I thought and turned to my professor.
Taking a last deep breath.

"Professor do you hate me?"

____________________________________

As you may have noticed. I've changed the cover of this story, so don't get confused.
The old one wasn't really appealing anymore.

I trie to update more frequently but my mental health hasn't been the best lately so we'll see. :-)