Chapter 1: Celeste

"Oh shit baby, that's so good. Tell me again," he breathed heavily into the phone. I could hear him groan and the faint sound of him jerking off in the background.

"Harder Eric, I need it harder!" My voice got higher on the last word and I stifled the giggle that wanted to escape me when my words elicited another loud groan from the man at the other end. I swallowed my amusement and sketched another line on my drawing.

This particular caricature was coming along nicely, and I grinned to myself while making all the appropriate noises Eric was expecting. I doubted his real name was Eric, but that's what he'd wanted to be called and I did what I was told so I could get paid. Being a phone sex operator was fun at first but had gotten old pretty quickly. I'd taken up drawing a caricature of what I imagined the stranger on the phone would look like and it had made everything much more entertaining. I finished up the shading on the bulging cheeks of the overweight man I'd pictured when "Eric" had immediately began his heavy breathing into the phone that sounded more like asthma than passion.

"Ohhhhh..." Eric's grunt of satisfaction rang through the headset I wore and I made a similar noise like I'd also just orgasmed. He panted for a minute before thanking me and hanging up. I snickered as I clicked the headset off. I rolled my chair over to my laptop and debated on whether I should take another call or just quit for the night. I checked the time, noting that it was already 2 am. I tapped my fingers on my desk and sighed.

"Just one more call Celeste, then you can pass out." I spoke out loud to myself and clicked the available icon next to my profile.

I jumped when a call immediately rang through. That happened sometimes, but I was never prepared for it. The good news is that it always made me sound a little breathless when I answered.

"This is Cassandra, what's your fantasy?" I hated the opening line I was supposed to use, thought it was cheesy and too obvious. But whatever pays the bills.

There was silence on the other end, and I frowned but kept my voice light. "Hello? Are you still there?"

A gruff cough sounded in my ear before a low voice spoke. "Sorry, I ah... Didn't expect that opening."

Surprise filled me and I settled back into my chair. "What did you expect?"

"Nothing so cliché, to be completely honest."

A laugh burst out of me. That's what I'd always thought, but no one had ever said anything about it before. "Next you're going to tell me that you've never called a number like this before."

A dark chuckle came through the other line and goosebumps popped up on my skin. My mouth dropped open at the reaction. My body hadn't responded to the dirtiest of words for months now, ever since my first week of calls had basically desensitized me from getting turned on. Granted, I still held a small feeling of satisfaction that nothing but my voice and words were able to make mysterious men- and a very rare woman- come every time I logged in.

"I haven't, actually." He paused, then continued. "I'm not sure what made me call tonight either. Or why I'm even confessing all this to you."

My lips curved into a smile as I basked in the sound of his voice. I grabbed a pencil and turned to a new page in my sketchbook. "Well I'm here for whatever you need. If you want to get dirty, or sweet, or just talk, it's up to you. You're paying a hefty sum to get what you want."

I started to sketch as I waited for him to answer. My pencil glided over the paper and I could tell that this one wasn't going to be a humorous caricature. There was something about his voice, his laugh, that wouldn't allow me to draw anything that frivolous. This man was different for some reason.