Chapter 26: Epilogue

*FOUR MONTHS LATER*

LIAM

Fuck, I had never been this nervous. With the help of Celeste's friends, who I'd become close with in my own right, we'd planned a welcoming back party for Luke. Really, it was a cover. After all, Luke had been back for a couple weeks and we had all celebrated together. This was really a surprise engagement party for Celeste and me.

And I was nervous because I hadn't proposed yet. Everyone was waiting in the small event hall at our office, and Celeste and I were walking down the hallway together. She was chatting away about something from earlier in the day, but I was so full of nerves I didn't hear a word. We were about four feet from the door when I blurted out her name.

"Celeste!" I yelled it way too loud, and she jumped a bit at the interruption. I stopped both of us, glancing at the closed doors separating us from everyone else.

"I'm right here, you don't have to yell," she said with a laugh. "What's up?"

"I love you. You love me, right?"

"Yes..." she drew out the word, confusion on her face.

"That settles it! We're getting married."

"Well where's my ring then?"

That startled me. I'd expected her to fight me at least a little. Hands shaking, I pulled the box out of my back pocket, opening it for her to see. Her eyes widened, mouth forming a small "o".

"It's even prettier than Madison said," she breathed out.

"Wait, what?"

"Oops... Well, you should know that Madison isn't the best secret keeper. Especially when I'm the interrogator." A smug smile tiled her lips up. "When you started acting all cagey, I started asking questions."

"You little brat," I said on a laugh. I wrapped my arms around her as I kissed her. She tilted her head and opened her mouth, swiping her tongue against my lips and asking for entry. I gave it to her, but only for a moment. We had a not-so-surprise party to attend, and I didn't need to walk in, full-on boner raging.

CELESTE

I watched Liam talk and laugh with Luke, Anthony, and Travis with my heart so full of love I thought it would burst from my chest. We'd had a few more people here, but the men, Madison, and me were all that was left. Madison and I were standing by the bar, sipping water as we watched the men chat it up.

"Sorry I spilled the beans and ruined the surprise."

I turned to Madison with a smile. "No, you're not."

"You're right. I'm not at all. Did I tell you about the ring, or did I not?"

We both glanced down to the square cut aquamarine jewel that matched my eyes perfectly, the four corners embellished by tiny little diamonds all set on a platinum band. I usually didn't go for flashy things like this... but I could get used to it.

"You underestimated it, if anything."

"Well, I'm very glad to see you so happy, Celeste." Madison's words rang true, and if there was a tinge of sadness in her eyes, I did her a kindness by not mentioning it.

"Thank you," I replied, then hugged her tight. "Don't worry Mads, you'll get your happy ending too."

She hugged me tight, then stepped back. "Alright, enough of this! Let's go over there and bug the men."

"Deal." We linked arms and started towards the men. Liam immediately focused on me, and giant grins split both of our faces. I was walking towards my forever, and I couldn't wait for it to start.

THE END