Chapter 19: Liam

"Please come with me, I swear they won't mind." Celeste's voice was pleading, and I was already about to give in when she struck the final blow. "I need you there with me."

"Alright, fine. What are the details?" I said the words with a smile, her pleased sounds at my acquiescence enough to calm my nervousness at the prospect of officially meeting her friends.

"Yay! Okay, so we're going to meet downtown at this cool new restaurant that Anthony got us reservations for. Since Luke is leaving town for a job in a couple weeks, we wanted to throw a going away party for him."

"And when is it?"

"Tomorrow night. And don't forget, I have that meeting with the insurance adjuster in the afternoon so I'll be home late."

"Right, you sure you don't want me to go with you to that?" I sat back at my desk, cradling my phone between my ear and my shoulder as I relaxed. Hearing her call our place home had that effect on me every time.

I was currently the last one at the office, needing to finish somethings I hadn't gotten to the last couple days since I'd been completely preoccupied with Celeste's confession.

I want you to take my virginity.

I started to harden in my pants again, just like I did every time I replayed the words, the way she'd looked when she said them.

"I'm sure, but thank you again for the offer." I could tell she was smiling, even over the phone. I heard some pans banging together in the background, and my stomach growled at the thought of her cooking. She'd proven to be an excellent chef during the couple of weeks that she'd been with me, and I could tell she liked doing it.

"What are you making?"

"Bacon jalapeno mac and cheese bake."

My mouth watered, and I immediately began to shut everything down. "I'm on my way home."

She laughed, and the sound lit me up like it always did. "See you in a bit."

-----

"...And THEN he was like 'Well miss, it looks like you're shit out of luck because we're only going to cover about 50% of the damages and loss'. I mean, obviously he didn't say it like that, but that was his tone!"

Celeste was incredibly adorable when she was frustrated. I would never tell her that, but it was all I could do not to smile as I watched her rant out of the corner of my eye, arms flailing all over the place as she spoke. We were on our way to meet up with her friends, and she was updating me on the meeting she'd had with the insurance agent at her place. Which apparently didn't go well.

"What a dick," I supplied helpfully when it seemed like she was waiting for a response.

"YES. What a dick!" She sighed, head falling back against the passenger seat and rubbed her forehead. "I mean, 50% is better than nothing, but it's still going to cost a pretty good chunk of money to get my place habitable again."

I reached over and slipped my hand in hers. "Don't worry babe. We'll figure it out."

"We?" She raised an eyebrow at me, and I nodded.

"Yes, we. You don't think I'd let you handle this alone, did you?"

"I dunno. I just figured it was my house, so it was my responsibility."

"Maybe, but you're not alone in this. Now, let's change the subject. Where the fuck am I going?"

The question brought forth the giggle I wanted to hear, and I squeezed her hand while she guided me to the parking lot. We walked in together still holding hands, and Celeste immediately spotted her friends. She dragged me behind her, waving and grinning as we made our way over. I started to get nervous all over again, wondering if I would pass this test. I had already met them, but I hadn't stayed long that night at the bar. I'd been too wound up with the memories and needed to escape before I had said or done something completely stupid.